My son is moving to Los Angeles, I need to vent.

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
My son is moving to Los Angeles, I need to vent.
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 5:16 PM

On the 21st Jake is flying to L.A. to live with Liz, his other mother. I know it's right for him but I miss him already.

He's 19 years old and I knew he would move out eventually. I'm glad he will be with Liz anyway. She loves him as much as I do. It's not like he's going out in the big bad world all alone or anything.

It has turned out that I'm one of those moms who wants her kids to live at home forever. My 20 year old daughter plans to live at home until she gets married and i couldn't be happier about that. 

I just don't know what I will do without Jake. Jake has been one of my dearest friends for most of his life. He has always thought he was my protector. I just love the crap out of that kid. I guess I will be keeping an eye out for good deals on flights to L.A. so I can visit him.

The 21st is going to be so sad. I've already been crying today. I've been with him nearly every day since he has existed. This stinks. I would have never had kids if I would have thought about this part.  I know this is pathetic but I can't help it. I just love my kids so damn much. 

Danille

Groovy Chicks rule !

Obama for president.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: My son is moving to Los Angeles, I need to vent.
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Awwwww Im sorry Danille. Why is Jake moving there? I mean, any particular reason why he wants to stay with her now and go to LA? What are his plans for work/life when he gets there? Just curious.

I know you are sad, but think of it this way. Part of your job as a parent is to help your kids grow up and be independant people of their own. Valuable people in society that contribute in some way. And the good thing about when a child leaves you to go to college or another state or to get married or whatever..is that if youve done your job as a parent; which i know you have; that child will LOVE coming home to you. And that child will always know that they HAVE a home with you whenever they want it or need it.

I left my parents when I was 18, moved to NY to go to college. It was tough on them, tough on me. But now .. I go stay with them whenever I can. I just LOVE being around them. And I think if I had stayed there my whole life, that might not be true. I think its healthy for adults to live on their own... learn about life... thats just my opinion. But really what Im saying is that its normal for you to be sad and I know youll miss him so much ... but dont think of it as an end to something; think of it as a new beginning.

Whenever you do see each other from now on, it will be so much more meaningful and appreciated.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks Kelley, I know he will be okay. Liz got him a very good job there and the economy here sucks. Jake stuck by me during all of my tough times and now knows that I have Bob to do that. He loves Liz very much and hasn't seen her much the last couple of years. They have always been close. She is very succesful and has connections to make life much easier for him there. She lives walking distance to the beach too and I don't think that is breaking his heart at all. 

In reality I am blessed that the woman I was with for 8 years took such an interest in my kids. Jake was only 7 when she became his step mom. They always got along, until her and I split up. I think it took him a long time to get over her leaving us. They have been okay for a while now and I'm glad she still loves him so much. She very much considers him her son.

I know it will be okay eventually. I just have never been without Jake. Even when he moved out the first time he was just a few blocks away and moved back in no time.

It will be fine. Thanks for reading my sad vent though. I love ya Kelley. 

Danille

Groovy Chicks rule !

Obama for president.

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Oh Danille, I'm so sorry you're going through this hard time.  Like you said, though, at least he's going to be with "his other mother" who loves him like a son. 

I hope you can get out to L.A. soon to visit him!

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Oh you beautiful new bride, thanks for your kind words. actually things have changes. Two days before he was to leave we found out that his gf is pregnant. They are keeping the baby and getting married. I can't even begin to tell you all that is wrong with this but I get a grandbaby so no big deal. if they can't take care of the wee one then I can. No way to lose here. 

congrats..I saw your wedding pics and you looked gorgeous.  

Danille

Groovy Chicks rule !

Obama for president.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4963 is just $399.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine