New & Waiting!

Online Users: 1,313 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 13

FutureMrsStewart Posts : 6 Registered: 5/6/08
New & Waiting!
Posted: May 15, 2008 11:13 AM

Hello all! Just found this forum and joined up so I'll have more people to talk to about engagement/wedding stuff. Don't wanna overwhelm my boyfriend now do I?

Innocent

Anyway, he's 25 and I'm 21. We started dating in September '04 and moved into our first house together in October '07. He's been dropping hints that he's going to propose soon (asking if he should get dad's permission, telling everyone he found the perfect ring, he's been acting super loving, etc) and I'm getting extremely excited... our 4th dating anniversary will be on September 25th, which is coming up pretty quickly. I'm almost sure he'll pick that date but who knows... he loves surprising me so he might do it on a day that has no significance!

I feel like I've been waiting forever and I wanted to be engaged before we moved into our house, but obviously that didn't happen. I'm glad that he finally seems serious about it. The hardest part is just waiting, huh? I didn't want to have any input on the ring because he's bought me jewelry before that was exactly my taste and gorgeous. I trust that whatever he's got planned is going to be awesome... but it makes me that much more excited to see it, too!

Ugh. At least so many of you are on the same boat... help me stay sane! I look forward to chatting with everyone.

The line is drawn
I pledge my devotion
There is no turning back
My heart is yours

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10721;116/st/20080925/e/4th+Dating+Anniversary/dt/-1/k/6082/event.png[/img]
[/url]

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: New & Waiting!
Posted: May 15, 2008 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Welcome to the Boards,  Hope your proposal is what you hoped it would be.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

Posted: May 15, 2008 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Thanks! Now I'm just trying to get this darned ticker to work, grr. I don't know why it's so freaking tiny! :(

The line is drawn
I pledge my devotion
There is no turning back
My heart is yours

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Welcome! I am in your shoes too!!! I know an engagedment is coming really soon, but I dont know when! I knwo he has already asked my dad for permission and he bought the ring. So now I am just waiting.... I know he is doing it to drive me crazy!! Keep us posted!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Welcome! I am in your shoes too!!! I know an engagedment is coming really soon, but I dont know when! I knwo he has already asked my dad for permission and he bought the ring. So now I am just waiting.... I know he is doing it to drive me crazy!! Keep us posted!

Posted: May 15, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Awesome, I hope it happens soon for you! Damned men keeping us guessing all the time, lol.

The line is drawn
I pledge my devotion
There is no turning back
My heart is yours

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: May 15, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Welcome to what I commonly refer to as "The Brides."  If I say it, everyone knows what I'm talking about. lol!  I hope your proposal happens soon.  I'm sure mine won't. 

It's time to renew my lease, I asked my BF if I shoud renew it for another year.  He asked how hard it would be to get out of it?  And then asked if I wanted to move in with him.  I told him that I don't shack (personal preference) so that would mean he'd have to make the situation appropriate.  No REAL comment there.  Just an OK.  UGH!!!  Men!

Sorry about that.  Anyway, good luck!!!

Kiss 

Posted: May 15, 2008 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

Thanks for the warm welcome and good luck to you as well! I didn't wanna shack up with my boyfriend either but he was gonna get one of his idiot friends to live with him and pay half of the house utilities and stuff. All I could think was, "Oh crap, once that dumbarse (BF's friend) moves in, I'll never get him out!" So I moved in. LOL.

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: May 15, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

i am waiting too!!! i know my BF ordered the ring and asked my folks... i hope it happens soon!!! it has all been such a worldwind, but i'm SO EXCITED!!!! i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: May 15, 2008 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: May 15, 2008 7:02 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Welcome to the boards! Don't worry, I'm sure when the proposal comes it will be everything you ever hoped for. Smile

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 16, 2008 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

Welcome!!!  Don't do what I did and suck the romance out of your proposal, LOL!  Surprised

JessicaLynn11 Posts : 11 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 23, 2008 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsStewart

Post deleted.

JessicaLynn11 Posts : 11 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: JessicaLynn11

Post deleted.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com