BM attempting to take over!!!!!

Online Users: 1,237 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Bridezilla205 Posts : 88 Registered: 6/6/06
BM attempting to take over!!!!!
Posted: May 24, 2008 9:11 PM

Help you guys, I have been basically planning my wedding alone for the past two years and all of the sudden I became good friends with one of my church members and I invited her to join my wedding party. She was really receiving of it and has been rather excited. The other night I asked if she had any ideas to share them. Well she had gone to Books-A-million earlier and had been reading over Martha Stewarts wedding planner (un-be-knowst to me). She had tons of ideas and "This is the way" we should do this and "This is the way" we should do that.   While I am greately appreciative for the assistance I don't know how to be as direct as I need to be with her without hurting her feelings. She is really getting out of hand. Today she told me that ALL of my flowers for the wedding and reception need to be the same. First of all I think that is boring and my flowers are already done....What is her issue? What should I do?

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: BM attempting to take over!!!!!
Posted: May 24, 2008 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: Bridezilla205

Well, you opened the door when you asked her if she had any ideas to share.  So she is probably just over excited.  

I suggest outlining what you still need and are open for suggestions.  If she still offers ideas for things that are decided, then just smile and say, Well I'll think about that, but I'm sure it's already settled.  Or something along those lines.

Good luck! 

Bridezilla205 Posts : 88 Registered: 6/6/06
Posted: May 28, 2008 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

That's a good idea, however I'm really not sure that will go over easily with her because she has become a bit annoying and I'm kinda fed up. But I will try not to get too upset after all it is my day and what I want ultimately goes.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 28, 2008 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: Bridezilla205

I suggest saying "thanks for the idea, I'll definitely keep it in mind!" I doubt shes purposely trying to change anything. And if something is already booked and done (flowers) just say that. "thanks for the idea, but our flowers are already taken care of!" If shes this gung-ho she probably won't take offense. Shes just excited to help I'm sure.

Formerly Ama102707

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine