AM I TOO LATE ON THE SAVE THE DATE CARDS?

Online Users: 1,336 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 11

N1kk1 Posts : 6 Registered: 5/23/08
AM I TOO LATE ON THE SAVE THE DATE CARDS?
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:02 AM

I JUST DECIDED THAT I AM GETTING MARRIED ON 8/8/08 AND I THINK I NEED TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE INVITES? PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. :)
Til Death Do Us What.......lol

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: AM I TOO LATE ON THE SAVE THE DATE CARDS?
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: N1kk1

Yes straight to in invites!  If you are doing one list, you have more time,I think.  Look for Chad and his posts.  He has a great timing plan that he's made available to anyone!!  :-)

Good luck!  Start looking at invites and ordering! 

goldelox20 Posts : 152 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

yep, skip the save the date.

My wedding in 8/16 and (even though it's a little early) will have my invitations out next week. 

N1kk1 Posts : 6 Registered: 5/23/08
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:51 AM Go to message in response to: goldelox20

Thanks I kinda figured that, Invites it is, thanx ladies :)
Til Death Do Us What.......lol

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 24, 2008 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: N1kk1

Hi Nikki, I would say to definately skip the STDS, but if you have a lot of people coming in from out of town, maybe email them and let them know ahead of the invite send outs what the wedding date is so they can start making their travel and hotel plans. I would also set up a hotel block of rooms for your guests so they can reserve at a reduced rate. You could create a free wedding website and email computer savvy guests any information that way before sending out invites as well. OR send out your invites a bit earlier than normal.

If you need any assistance, let me know. Im a coordinator. Where on Long Island are you getting married? I got married there too:)

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

LovePark Posts : 241 Registered: 2/27/08
Posted: May 24, 2008 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Yep, I'd definitely go straight to invites. I'd send them out no later than the second weekk in June if people don't know about it already, and like Kelley said, why not send and email save-the-date? That would be okay, but I think you're wasting money on both for the postage. 

Save some trees, and just go straight to invites, but get them out soon.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

81608Bride Posts : 91 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: May 24, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: LovePark

Yes - go straight to invites.  My wedding is 8/16/08 and I just mailed the invitations today.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 24, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: N1kk1

Kelly had a great point about email STD's, especially as your wedding is on a Friday night.

I'm getting married on the ninth, so cheers! 

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 24, 2008 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: N1kk1

I agree, just send invites early. You might do an attractive insert for OOT guests, about transportation, hotel reservations, etc. Or, set up a website with info and let OOT people know. Or e-mail (but remember those who might not be facile with e-mail, like your elderly relatives.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: May 24, 2008 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: N1kk1

Straight to the invitations.  Check out a thread below called "Need Wording Help?"  I can generate all your proper wording quickly and you can be ordering by the end of the weekend.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

ZLTsaros Posts : 11 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: May 30, 2008 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: goldelox20

Along the same lines, I have a situation and a question.  I'm getting married on 8/16 as well, and am planning on mailing invites on 6/21 which is 8 weeks prior to the date.  We have just an A list.  All out-of-towners already know the wedding details and the room block info.  Thing is, this week FH decided to add 6 couples to the list.  He highly doubts they will attend as they live in NC (as do we) and the wedding is in NH.  He insists we invite them - he feels strongly about this.  I hadn't planned on sending a save-the-date but I think I need to do so now. I have a wedding website with all the details so I would include that in the email, and send it out this weekend.  Do you agree that I need to send the save the date email?

I could send the invites a bit sooner, but I want to wait until after 6/10, as that is the date that the new wedding stamps will be available.  I didn't want to use the current wedding ones and add the one-cent stamp to both the invite and response card.

I will also mail small packets of info to those without email that will include hotel info and things to do and see in the area.

Thoughts?

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: May 30, 2008 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: ZLTsaros

ZLT, it's really too late for STDs, but it's fine to mail the invitations for those couples a few weeks earlier than the others.

Seriously, if the choice is a pretty stamp that no one cares about or helping guests actually make plans, your choice needs to be helping the guests.  Think about it, you're worried more about a pretty stamp than the guests' needs.  Priorities here.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine