DH LOST HIS WEDDING BAND!!...what the???..would you be mad??

Online Users: 1,331 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
DH LOST HIS WEDDING BAND!!...what the???..would you be mad??
Posted: May 21, 2008 8:47 PM

I don't know why, but I'm not mad.  I was out of town for work all last week and called him one morning.  I knew something was up..you could just tell in his voice...I was thinking...OMG!!....where's my puppy...is the dog ok!!??

But no, he noticed when getting dressed.  

But then again...how could you lose your wedding band!!??

I know he wasn't out or anything...I don't know...kinda strange! 

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Re: DH LOST HIS WEDDING BAND!!...what the???..would you be mad??
Posted: May 21, 2008 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

My FH works on a ship.  I already know that in some point in our marriage he is going to lose his band.  I've heard that it is extremely common.  I guess maybe they don't mean as much to them as they do to us?  I don't know.  I am not spending anymore than $250 on his ring which is very significantly less than he paid for mine.  At least he told you and didn't try to hide it!
http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 21, 2008 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

LOL   You crack me up marty.  Um, I figure once you realized that no one was hurt or dead, then the lost ring wasn't that big a deal.

So, I would like to think that I wouldn't be mad, but who knows.  If you're not, that's OK.  Sh*t happens.  LOL

F'ing bubbles, right? 

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: May 21, 2008 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: May 21, 2008 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

One time I lost mine for a couple of days.  I was pretty frantic about it but -- LOL -- my DH didn't notice.  A friend told me to pray to a certain saint (was it St. Anthony?  I can't even remember.)  Anyway, the next day I found it on the carpet under the bed.

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 21, 2008 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

IF I got mad whenver DH lost his wedding ring, Id be one hopping mad chick. Considering he has lost it FOUR TIMES NOW. Twice at work (hes an EMT) .. lifting patients and doing a million things. He found it both times. It fell off in the truck. Then he lost it again playing catch with my brother in my brothers backyard. My brother went out with a flashlight in the middle of the night and found it after an hour search of his yard. Then he lost it AGAIN last summer in our friends swimming pool. Again, playing frisbee... it just flew off his finger and landed in the pool. Six of us were walking around the pool like dopes trying to SEE it under the water. FINALLY after like two hours our friend Kevin spotted it, then had to dive in a few times til he could grab it. The moral of this story is DHs wedding ring was TOO DAMN BIG. So finally... about a month ago, we bought him a different one that actually fits. And now he wears the too big one to work, in case he loses it, he wont REALLY be losing it.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 22, 2008 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: marty08

It's good that you're not mad--I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose! Stuff happens, and in the end, the ring is a thing, and things can be replaced. People can't, and relationships can't, and there are much more important things to get angry about.

My Son in Law takes his ring off at night. When he's home, he has a special little dish that holds it and his watch, and he always knows where it is. Sleeping over at my house one night, he took off the ring and, for some odd reason, put it down with whatever he was reading. When he and my daughter left, he apparently picked up his book and newspaper and never realized the ring was there. All he knew is that he could not find the ring. We literally turned the house upside down looking for it--no luck. About six weeks later, my son was out jogging when a neighbor from several houses down the block pulled up in his car and asked whether my son recognized a ring. The man had found it in the grass way down the block. We figured out that my kids had parked down the block, and when they were loading their car, the ring had fallen out of the newspaper and into the grass. Whether the neighbor ever would have checked with everyone on the block, or whether it was just random coincidence that he encountered my son, we'll never know. How's that for weird?

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: May 22, 2008 7:32 AM Go to message in response to: marty08

The day I went back to work after our wedding, we happened to have a staff meeting scheduled...and the ENTIRE MEETING consisted of people telling me stories about how they or their spouse had lost or almost lost their wedding bands at various points. Apparently it's pretty common to lose them. Anyway, What I Learned From My Coworkers' Stories: 

1) If there is EVER any time that your wedding band feels too big, get it resized to a smaller size. Not being able to get it off is better than it slipping off.

2) Don't take it off when you go swimming, go to the beach, play sports, etc. If you DO feel like you need to not wear it during these activities, leave it at home in a safe place.

3) Never take your ring off and set it down in a public bathroom, hotel room, or any place where you can't easily return to retrieve it. To quote one of my coworkers, who took off his ring to change a diaper at a highway rest area, 'It would have been better to get poop all over it then it would have been to lose it entirely.' Remember that: poop on wedding ring is better than NO wedding ring! :)

4) Never ever take your ring off in a room that has a drain in it. They seem to gravitate towards drains.

5) If you regularly wear gloves, get in the habit of removing them carefully and checking for your ring after you take them off. We all wear these white cotton gloves when we handle museum objects, and one of my coworkers lost his wedding ring THAT way. This was just a few months ago, and we found it, but we had to search through a big bag full of dirty gloves!

So I think the moral of the story is to make sure it's really tight and then never take it off for any reason. I'm trying to work on this, since I tend to fiddle with rings when I'm thinking hard...so it's only a matter of time before I lose my wedding band, e-ring, or BOTH, unless I break myself of the habit!

Anyway, no, I wouldn't be mad. There are so many ways to lose a ring, and they're easily replaceable.  

DaisypathWedding Ticker

I like the flowers, so I'm keeping my useless ticker. Just married, 4/26/08!

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Posted: May 22, 2008 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I would be mad.....but heres why...

His wedding band isn't that expensive...it's titanium and pretty plain (he works in construction and needs a heavy duty band) Howvere, my daughter (and most of you know I have lived with my DH since my daughter was 3 months old and he has helped me to raise her her whole life...she is now 7...and he is MUCH more a "father figure" than her "real" father whom she sees about once a week) well...after we were married when my daugher was 5 for her first "official" fathers day gift to him she had a custom made (Titanum) band made and inscribed personally for him. This ring her wears ON TOP of my wedding band to him.

I would be heart broken (as would my daughter) if he lost that ring....She put alot of thought and ime into that gift and was (and is) so proud to have givin it to him and that he wears it just as faithfully as is wedding band.

That is the ONLY reason I would be mad. And not so much at HIM but at the situation....

Does that make sense??

**Formerly Gin & Gin13...forgot my password!! LOL**

Posted: May 22, 2008 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: ginmal

Gin,that totally makes sense. Does he take it off or not bring it with him to work? Id be worried witha job like contruction that it would come off or get ruined. My husband leaves his GOOD ring home on workdays and just wears the old, crappy too big ring so in case he does lose it, its not a huge deal. Thats so sweet that Jada did that. Was that your idea or hers or both?

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: May 22, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I have to honestly say, I think I wouldn't be too upset, we would just get a new one.  My DH would be really upset, and I found this out because....

We got our wedding bands 2 months before the wedding.  Now DH is a chemist, so he needed a band that he didn't worry about getting stuff on, and he really liked tungsten.  Well when we got the band 2 months earlier, we got the ring and it fit perfectly.  Well when I put the ring on him during the vows....it was HUGE!!! was loose on his thumb.  Now DH had lost about 8 lbs in those 2 months guess it was from his hands, cuz he went from a ring size 9 3/4 to an 8. 

Well we went to have it sized, and lo and behold, the jeweler said it can only be exchanged not resized.  (WE had been told that it could be resized when we bought it, which I questioned because I thought they couldn't be, but we assured it could be)  So DH could get a new ring that fit, but he had to exchange the one we took our vows with.  I was okay with it, but he wouldn't have it.  He said he would just get a chain and wear it around his neck, I was adamant that he had a ring on his finger. 

So long story short, we bought him a second titanium wedding band with a forever fit policy, whenever it stops fitting, we get a new band.   He will wear this everyday, and keep the real band (which he refuses to part with) for special occasions and in a little case.  Until he gets "old and fat enough for it to fit again" (his quote not mine)

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Posted: May 22, 2008 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kel - he wears both rings to work everyday...they  have not been off his finger since our wedding day in 2006 and fathers day 2007...He has the sort of hands where his knuckles are REALLY big and his fingers are smaller....so those rings are not comming over his knuckle without a fight. LOL.

Yeah, the idea was both mine and Jada's,,,she wanted to do something at the time of the wedding, but didn't want to have to talk infront of everyone...so we did for his first "official" fathers day. It's cute...Jada calls him "her Joe Joe" and has since she could talk so she inscribed it "Forever my Joe Joe...I love you"....because now that she has gotten older people ask why she still calls him "my Joe joe" and her response..."well, when I talk about MY mom I call her MY mom...so when I talk about my step dad I will call him MY Joe Joe...and besides he is MINE"...LOL

**Formerly Gin & Gin13...forgot my password!! LOL**

Posted: May 22, 2008 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: ginmal

Okay,that is the cutest thing ever!!!! lol. My JoeJoe. Adorable.

Photobucket

Darksangel Posts : 352 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: May 22, 2008 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: ginmal

That is one of the cutest things I have ever heard

Forever Starts Today, As Today I Am His Wife

View my bio http://darksangel08.googlepages.com/home

His Dark Angel

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 22, 2008 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: marty08

How come it feels like things like this only happen to marty?  lol

I would be mad if it was his diamond white gold ring, but if its his work ring (titanium)...I wouldn't be too upset!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine