How Many Programs for the Ceremony?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
How Many Programs for the Ceremony?
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:05 PM

We are having around 70 people at our wedding. What is the norm on the number of programs needed - is it one each, one per couple, or what? There are no children, so them not reading theirs isn't a factor. I was thinking one per couple, but what about singles? (we're not inviting "plus guest" unless they actually HAVE a partner).

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Re: How Many Programs for the Ceremony?
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

Hi, KC -- I would say to make sure you print enough so that each guest can have one (and a few extra so that you and your nearest & dearest can put them in a scrapbook or whatever).  It would be unusual to expect each couple to share one program.

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

Posted: May 20, 2008 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

Good to know - in my experience I always shared with my boyfriend or my parents. But I've only been to maybe three weddings that I can remember the "program experience" <g>, so I'm not the best judge.

When is my wedding

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

KatherineC, at my wedding planner's suggestion, we only did one per couple.  We placed them on every other seat prior to the guest's arrival.  This was to save money on printing costs, and also because according to my planner, there are always too many programs.

Just make sure you keep an extra one for yourself.  We forgot and had to beg off one from my parents.

BARACK THE VOTE!  www.barackobama.com

Posted: May 20, 2008 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

KatherineC, at my wedding planner's suggestion, we only did one per couple.  We placed them on every other seat prior to the guest's arrival.  This was to save money on printing costs, and also because according to my planner, there are always too many programs.

Just make sure you keep an extra one for yourself.  We forgot and had to beg off one from my parents.

Posted: May 20, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

Posted: May 20, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

Posted: May 20, 2008 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

I am also having around 70 people at my wedding, but I plan on doing about 100 programs.  Mainly that's because I'm printing them myself and the come in packs of 50!  Also, I want to make sure I have some extras if some get messed up - i.e. drinks spilled on them, food on them - so that people can take extras for scrapbooks or what-not. 

Good luck!

Valerie

Wedding Date:  September 27, 2008

Posted: May 20, 2008 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm printing them myself, and tying black satin ribbon on the top, so I definitely don't want to go OVER 70! All that ribbon. I don't think my friends and family are the type to want to keep a program, to be honest - maybe the parents and us, but that's it! I think one per couple and one per single, maybe, will be enough.

Thanks for all your input!

When is my wedding

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

well we got 150 invitations so we just went with 150 programs. It made sense THEN, lol. If they don't have enought, they'll just have to look on with somebody else.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: May 24, 2008 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

I would print 75-80.  Each guest should be offered a program.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 24, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

I'm doing enough for each individual.  And I'm also printing them myself and tying them together.  This will total about 175.

Ye gads...  I'm INSANE! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine