Out of state wedding and save the date cards

Online Users: 1,333 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 2

mehall08 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/12/08
Out of state wedding and save the date cards
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:18 PM

Help! I am getting married in 10 months out of state. I have read that you should send your save the date cards 6 to 12 months ahead ( I think 6 is plenty of time) Should I include hotel information with the save the date cards or save that for the invitation?

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Re: Out of state wedding and save the date cards
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: mehall08

We are getting married out of state and sent our save the date cards probably 12 months in advance. We were too excited, hehe. Anyway, we did magnets and included an insert in the envellope with our website address that showed more details on the wedding as we knew them including the hotel information. We just sent our wedding invites out a week ago and stated "hotel information can be found at" and gave the website again. That might be easier in case something changes.

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Re: Out of state wedding and save the date cards
Posted: May 15, 2008 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: mehall08

This link has some points to ponder, a timeline, full list of info and a template. STD info: http://tinyurl.com/29k6al It should cover just about everything you need to know about STDs.

6 months may not be enough.  It's not a random number you pull out of the air.  Each wedding is different.  Before you decide that 6 month is enough, figure your response and mailing dates for your invitations.  To find your response and mailing dates, you can use the textual representation at http://tinyurl.com/2dqqxy and a calendar or you can email me for a spreadsheet that does the calculations for you. two guys in love at gmail dot com

Chad ~ 11.19.05

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine