Want Designer Look

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

LNewman Posts : 5 Registered: 5/12/08
Want Designer Look
Posted: May 12, 2008 11:32 PM

Hello All. I am having a very formal winter wedding in Feb 2009 and am looking for a designer-like dress. I want a dress that looks more like a stylish vintage ball gown then a standard wedding dress. Any ideas ladies? Any good designers that make custom dresses?

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Want Designer Look
Posted: May 14, 2008 1:35 AM Go to message in response to: LNewman

Do you have a large budget? If so, you can have anything you want! Have you searched the dress finders here and on the Knot? You'll be able to see most of what's on the market if you do. If you don't want a typical wedding dress, why not buy a ball gown from a designer instead?

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 2:03 AM Go to message in response to: LNewman

When you talk about designer look that seems very vauge to me, in the fashion world especially over wedding dresses each designer belongs in their own spectrum. Do you have a base idea (picture) of something that you like so i can better help you? If not then look into theknot weddingchannel here on brides or even google

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Posted: May 14, 2008 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: myra

No I don't have a huge budget. I am just looking for a dress that doesn't look like every other wedding dress out there. I see myself as a classically stylish person and want a dress that has that vintage, 1950s, Grace Kelly inspired feel. Maybe I will look into to evening dresses and not actual wedding dresses. Good idea. Thanks :)

Posted: May 14, 2008 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

I am thinking of getting a plain white strapless satin gown and having a seamstress attached a lace turtleneck to it with cap sleeves and satin covered buttons down the back. So it will be a plain satin dress with a little bit of flair to it. Also I can probably get the plain dress for cheap and still have my style without it being extremely expensive. Will that work?

classydame Posts : 91 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: May 14, 2008 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: LNewman

mavjen Posts : 78 Registered: 10/21/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: LNewman

I tried this Reem Acra gown on and instantly thought of Grace Kelly and Ginger Rogers.  I can picture the gown being very Grace Kelly with long opera gloves and a long silk chiffon scarf around the neck with the ends flowing in the back.  I did not pick this gown as my wedding dress but it was so beautiful.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine