July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 1,368 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: May 11, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

I Got my INVITATIONS out Yesterday!!!! All but one that has to be hand delivered because we have no address or phone number. YAY very exiciting!!! I cant wait to start getting them back!! Laughing

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: May 11, 2008 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: supergeekgirl

I'm still here-just been very busy-I KNOW you girls can relate! Hey Supergeek! I'm a July 19ther, too!!!

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: May 11, 2008 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Hey, have any of you guys had trouble getting addresses? Like you ask for them and the guest never gives it to you?

This happened with three of our intended guests. I sent them all messages on Facebook, and I know all three are on there on a regular basis. None of them were top tiered guests, so I didn't feel a huge need to invite them, but still. I would have liked them to be there.

However, we decided if they can't be bothered to send us their addresses, they obviously don't care too much about attending my wedding. So they're off the guest list. Oh well. 

triplej Posts : 92 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: May 11, 2008 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Hey girls! I thought I would check in too! We ordered my wedding band yesterday, yay! They said it would take four weeks to come in so it better not be late! FH and I also went to look at tuxes and he found some that he liked but is concerned that $150 is too expensive. What do you guys think? How much are yours??

Also MY DRESS CAME IN!! It wasn't supposed to be in until May 24th but it came in early just so happen to be on the weekend that I was home (9 hours from where I am currently living) so I got to have my first fitting! And it fit perfect! Except it is too short!! I am a little upset, I think the lady measured me wrong when she ordered it (she did the hem to hollow measurement). So now I can't wear the shoes I was going to borrow and have to get ones UNDER 1 INCH!! It is that short!! But oh well, I guess it won't drag when I switch to flip flops....

Other than that, I am going to be working on invites all week and hopefully getting those out next week some time! Yikes!! I feel like there is so much to do and I can't think of it all!  

Jamie : )

July 12, 2008 is the day I marry my everything!

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: May 12, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

stillgroovin--I had trouble getting FH to give me addresses for his friends. So I made invitations for them, put their names on them, and decided that if he doesn't get me an address, he gets to drive around and hand-deliver them. :) lol.

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Posted: May 12, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: triplej

Jamie, FHs tux is gonna be about $90, but we got a discount so they were originally $150.

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: May 12, 2008 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne - ha! I had the same problem. I ended up taking over his Facebook account and sent out the messages myself.

Jamie - our tuxes cost about $130. They're Calvin Klein, so a bit nicer I guess. But $150 doesn't sound outrageous to me. We actually got a good deal where if he had five other people renting tuxes, he got his for free. Whee!

dewdropinn Posts : 156 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: May 12, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Yes, tuxes are a lot.  Going in to all of this... I thought it was some little thing like $25-30. THAT was a rude awakening. If FH ever picks one, it will be about $120-150ish depending on style.  

The best man actually called to ask where he should get measured for his tux the other day... FH is a little stressed right now so I'm trying to figure out how to get him to go in for that. Due to a serious of little blips, the scheduling for his thesis defense got mixed up and he might graduate a quarter later than planned. He was supposed to defend next week, so I am hoping they can work that out so he becomes a functioning person again.  

" alt="" />

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: May 12, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne, you are very talented!  The invitations look great and the bouquet is beautiful!

I hear you about the invitations.  We are actually having trouble getting people to reply to our emails and phone calls.  Why the hell are they so reluctant to give out their address?!  If they are wanted by the FBI I wish they would just come out and say so b/c if that's case I don't want them at my wedding!  LOL!

Message was edited by: Noviesita

Posted: May 12, 2008 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Noviesta--thanks so much!

We've recieved a few replies to the website...and we have 9 guest so far!! lol. We actually got a reply when the STDS went out. haha.

But on a serious note, keep FH's family in your prayers over the next couple days, girls. His g-pa passed away suddenly Saturday night/Sunday morning. FH hasn't seemed too upset, but that's how he is. The visitation is tomorrow and the funeral is Wed. I feel so bad--I can't go to the funeral b/c I have finals and its too late to try and arrange something with my profs. FH said that's okay, but I still feel bad. :( I am going to the visitation tomorrow, though, so that's good.

Anyways, I need to study for those damn finals...

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: May 13, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

I'm sad to hear of FH's grandpa.  I will keep you guys in my prayers.

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: May 13, 2008 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne, I'm so sorry to hear about your FH's grandpa! I will keep the two of you and his family in my prayers.

When is my wedding 

Pegah Posts : 58 Registered: 11/27/06
Posted: May 13, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Girls! We had our engagement pictures taken on Saturday! Check the link out!

http://lejphotography.com/blog/?p=105

Future Mrs. Bowman

Pegah Posts : 58 Registered: 11/27/06
Posted: May 13, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Girls! We had our engagement pictures taken on Saturday! Check the link out!

http://lejphotography.com/blog/?p=105

Future Mrs. Bowman

Jackswife Posts : 24 Registered: 11/25/07
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Hi. I read posts but don't often reply so thought I'd join you in wedding chat now since it's not long til our weddings!

I'm 21, I'm British, live in England, at University here in Leicester with my FH who's also 21. We've been waiting a long time to get married! We're been together for 5 1/2 years since I was 16 and he was 15 and got engaged at 17. It sounds ridiculous at such a young age but we knew we have something amazing in our relationship very early on and just lucky to meet somebody so special at this stage in our lives.

I cringe at all the wedding stuff you all have to do! I feel like sharing what I'm doing for my wedding so you can see how we're doing it. But you don't have to read it if you don't want as it's gonna be long!

I bought my dress in a sale last August. It's a silvery/gold metallic colour, sleeveless with gold and silver flower embroidery and sequins, it's supposed to be a bridesmaid dress (cost £48). It took me many attempts to get a suitable strapless bra that keeps me up as I have quite a large chest. I'm tying black ribbon (£3) around the hips with a big bow. I'm wearing cherry red Doc Marten boots with it (which I already own), lacy black tights with flower pattern (£5), and improvising a sort of curly up do for my hair with butterfly hair clips and a diamante tiara headband. I'm doing my own makeup and bought foundation a little while ago so I can start practicing how to apply it so I look flawless on the day. I'll probly have lightly smoky-coloured eye makeup and pale pink lipstick. Hair clips, white french knickers, bag, and all accessories cost me £55. We're going to find some earrings for me to wear the day before (I have 3 holes in each ear). I've ordered a bridesmaid size bouquet of grand prix red roses £45. There'll be around a dozen tightly packed with some dark green foliage around it and bound with ivy organza. FH is wearing a white rose buttonhole £4 with purple/burgandy shirt, black tie, tight black trousers and black shoes and he spikes his hair up! Well you can see we're going to look a bit gothic/burlesque themed but it's how we like to put our own slant on a formal look with a few twists.

The wedding itself: we're staying in a B+B in Cambridge near to where we used to live (this was to cater for guests when we were going to invite people). It's a beautiful famous University town which you must have heard of...river running through it, parks and nice little streets with shops/cafes/restaurants/nice pubs. Well we'll get there the day before, check in and then wander around, eat out I guess and get the celebrations rolling! We're treating it as a kind of romantic honeymoon weekend. Next day we get up and enjoy a continental breakfast in bathrobes, hope that the flowers get delivered on time and then head down to register office for 11am where we'll meet 2 old friends who are a couple and acting as our witnesses. After a simple ceremony in a small room, exchanging rings (mine's white gold with small diamonds in a strip on the top and FH's is a big wide white gold band) we'll be married! We'll then spend an hour or so messing around and getting creative getting our friends to take pictures of us and probly some champagne somewhere. We're aiming for some classic wedding poses plus some black and white/sepia edgy romantic shots. Just have a bit of fun and hope they're good...1 of our friends does Art so she hopefully knows what she's doing! We'll go for lunch together then say goodbye to them...then I don't know what we're doing after that until about 6pm going to the bar of the restaurant where we've booked a table in a cosy 'cove' in the back which is supposed to the most romantic table in town, we'll drink some cocktails and then have our meal which is small dishes/starter size, like tapas style so you get a good range of some interesting food. Should be great and it's very highly rated. Anyway we're go excited with 50 days to go (nearly 7 weeks) and will be even more so when our exams are done and we get to move into a house together July 1st!

For those of you who will be young brides, what do you anticipate young married life will be like? How do you think being married will affect people's reaction to you and do you think your friends will treat you differently because they don't understand why you want to get married? Are you the first people you know of your age to be getting married? We're the first couple we know to be getting married so we're gonna be the outcasts! But as you can see we like being different so I'm really looking forward to married life and finally living with him too so 2 exciting things all at once!

Sorry for writing so much! I don't have anyone to talk to about getting married or my wedding except FH.

Oh and I've been wondering a while has anyone noticed anything from Nicolesybrant lately? She found out she was pregnant and quite far gone after she got married and I wanted to see how she was doing.

Married to the love of my life on July 5th 2008!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine