JFF-What about your FH bothers you?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

lil1one Posts : 312 Registered: 2/13/08
Re: JFF-What about your FH bothers you?
Posted: May 6, 2008 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

I love my Fh has well but...

Sports all the time, even when he calls me from work, he's in the breakroom watching sports center or something. I've learned so much about the world of sports we can actually have good conversations about it.(if you can't beat 'em join 'em)

Before he eats he puts his gum, that he's been chewing on the plate for later, but sometime forget and I get the pleasure of removing it when I wash dishes. YUCK

Thats all I can think of now but I know there's more

How I love that man!!

Soon to be Mrs. Hatcher!!!

September 20,2008

When is my wedding

WhenIsMyWedding.com

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: May 6, 2008 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: lil1one

1. He says, "Guess how much I paid for this?" - Honestly, I don't care. It's never a good deal anyways. Why didn't you just go to Abercrombie and buy 2 pairs of pants for $35? Why is it suddenly a good deal because some random guy came to your work and was selling stuff??? You don't even NEED jeans! You have an entire closet full of them!

2. I've said it 5 times today, 80 times this week, and I've hounded you for a year, since you asked me to marry you: Who do you want to invite to the wedding?! Okay, I know you're worried about people coming that we haven't invited. Fine, what are their names? Who said they thought so-and-so wanted to go? We have extra invites, there's time to save money for extra people. Who are they? Do you know them? Do you want to invite them? JUST GIVE ME A LIST! AT LEAST! AND I CAN TAKE CARE OF THE REST! 

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 2:19 AM Go to message in response to: kroberts

haha I thought my FH was weird for having an abnormally small bladder but apparently its the norm for men! I hate it!

He takes his shoes off DIRECTLY in the door frame of our home so I trip on them when I get home. THe shoe rack is literally two feet away, bend over, pick up the shoes, put them on the rack - NOT HARD!!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: krista210

I am so glad that there are other men in the world that pee ALL THE TIME!!!  I just don't get it.  I was actually beginning to worry about him. 

A few more to add to the list:

The ESPN thing.  All day, every day.  Its either that or the golf channel.  The man will watch the 1976 Masters because "there's nothing else on" but when I say that there is something I want to watch on, that really doesn't seem to matter. 

He clips his toenails and leaves a little pile on the floor.  Gross!

He is constantly telling me that I need to drink milk because I need the calcium, even though I take a multivitamin and I HATE milk.  I am also lactose intolerant, but he says I still need milk.  His mom has osteoperosis though, so I guess I can forgive this.

I marry the man of my dreams 5/2/09!

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: MrsBiery

1.  He's a morning person in the extreme.  I lived alone for almost 13 years, without a roommate/SO/whatever in my home, and I'm not a morning person in the least.  I like silence or only essential questions/comments until I'm dressed and caffeinated, and the second he wakes up (an hour before me) he's chattering about all sorts of nonsense -just a running dialogue of what he's thinking/doing/whatever.  He'll also bustle around me when I sit down with my caffeine and yogurt and check email and such, and he'll come over and clean the cat box (near my 'puter) bus the spoon I just finished using 3 seconds ago, and in general, make me want to lock him out of my proximity until I'm ready to leave for the office.

2. He has no problem watching repeats of the same show (like Dirty Jobs) multiple times in the same WEEK.  Hey, I'm all for watching something again after not seeing it for a while, but THREE TIMES SINCE MONDAY???  He doesn't understand why I want to watch something else.

3.  Warcraft.  Oh, wait, I broke him of that.  Thank goodness.  But in the year and a half he played that obnoxious game, his cumulative "time played" was over 40 DAYS for his main character, and several WEEKS for EACH of his other characters.  He actually spent a total of over two months' worth of time doing nothing but Warcraft.  *G*  How did I get him to stop?  I started going out on Saturday nights when he was "on a raid" from 3pm on, and not telling him where I was going.  *G*  heck sometimes I just drove around for a few hours, just to not be there waiting for him to finish. 

The whole not listening/not internalizing what I say thing.  Drives me nuts. 

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Pamlin- If I didn't know any better, I'd swear my FH's mind is magically erased every 30 minutes.  He's either glued to ESPN looping on the TV or viewing the same shows over and over again multiple times a week. 

Also, he tries to be too helpful on stupid stuff and doesn't help on the things I need him too.  IE- He's getting food and asks what I want after work.  I don't know.  It's 2 pm.  I just ate lunch.  If I'm not hungry, I can't think about food.  This is a crime punishable by death in his book if I do not know that second what I want to eat.  Drives me nuts.

He grinds his teeth in his sleep.  He purchased a mouthpiece from the dentist to stop him from doing it.  Now he spits that out in his sleep and it usually ends up on my side of the bed. Ick.

The PS3 is my gift from God.  It gets him out of my hair 3-5 hours a day.  lol 

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

He has no problem watching repeats of the same show (like Dirty Jobs) multiple times in the same WEEK.  Hey, I'm all for watching something again after not seeing it for a while, but THREE TIMES SINCE MONDAY???  He doesn't understand why I want to watch something else.

OMG, this is a HUGE one for me.  Deadiest Catch AND Dirty Jobs over and over and over again. I like both shows but not in the doses DH likes.  I got so sick of both of them! I know that Deadliest Catch is OnDemand now and I havent told him for that reason! I couldnt imagine...

Formerly Ama102707

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: Jessesgirl09

OH my Gosh Jessesgirl... i was just getting on to FH about the same THING this morning!! He leaves for work at 5:20am and it takes him all of 5 minutes to get out of the house, but for SOME UNGODLY reason he has the Alarm programed to go off at 4:30am and IT'S on MY SIDE OF THE BED!! GRRRRRRRRRR!! So i am awake hitting snooze for an hour! and yes i have tried telling him "time to get up NOW i'm turning it OFF!!" He missed 2 hours of work that day... Ahhh Men!! LoL

B2B999 - i so feel you on the nasty chewed up fingers grossing me out sometimes... ewww that is not sexy don't touch me with those gag! LoL

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

Posted: May 8, 2008 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

*G*  Ama, I like Deadliest Catch too (I got DH a Cornelia Marie mug from the ship's website for his b'day) and I'm ok with Dirty Jobs (though when I'm not eating dinner *shudder*) Man vs. Wild or Survivorman (can you tell he's a Discovery Channel junkie??) but not when I've already seen the same episode over and over and over that week.

*G*  Yeah, OnDemand is hell on earth for me.  Fortunately, there's a Deadliest Catch video game coming out this month, so that might hold him over until each new episode comes out...

OMG, Michelle!  Mine sets the alarm for 5:30am, and it's on music with a progressively increasing sound level every few seconds so you HAVE to get up to turn it down.  We don't leave until 7:30am.  Me?  I want that extra 45min-1hour of sleep.  *G*  Guess who winds up turning down the damn alarm each morning?!?!

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 8, 2008 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

DH is a Discovery Freak too. But he doesnt like Survivor Man or Man vs. Wild. I dont either. THey always seem to run into snakes and creepy shit, so not for us!!  But Deadliest Catch is DH's absolute fave. I wish I knew that they had stuff for sale online.  He LOVES Phil so he'd love a Cornelia Marie mug!

This one happened last night that annoyed the CRAP out of me. So DH works til 8pm this week and since we're moving in 3 weeks I decided to start packing up the DVDs and books around the house. We have a million of both.

So I call him abuot halfway through to whine about how much I hate the boxes and he;s like why didnt you wait for me to come home? I said b/c I am just sitting here doing nothing anyway so I decided to start. He proceeds to tell me that he wanted to be there to make sure all the DVDs were organized. Im like what?! I checked the DVD player (which I didnt) and I know there's nothing in there so everything is in the correct box. I think he was going to open every DVD case to double check.

Also another thing, when he goes away somewhere whether its for one night or 9 days, he needs to double, triple, quadruple check everything. First he packs his bag and zips it. Then about 10 mins later he opens it again, looks through everything and zips it. He'll move the bag to the living room, unzip it, look through and zip it back up. Then he'll put the bag in the trunk and open it back up, look through everything and zip it back up. It drives me INSANE. Nothing besides his prescriptions, he cannot buy whe he arrives somewhere if he did forget it. And he is the LEAST forgettful person I know. I have a rule that he's not allowed to check anything more than twice now.

Formerly Ama102707

Posted: May 8, 2008 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Ama, the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie and all the other boats have their own websites, and of course, stuff to buy

http://corneliamarie.com/

http://www.fvnorthwestern.com/

(I particularly like the "shut up and fish!" mugs)

http://www.timebandit.tv/

Sig was in Newport, RI the other week, and it was all I could do to keep DH from taking a day off work so he could go down and meet the funny Norwegian nutjob.

*G*  Make DH write a packing list, and put it on top of the stuff in his suitcase.  Then he can just peek and see that everything is still checked off and the underwear gnomes haven't run off with his deodorant or anything...

Pamlin

glynisfrey Posts : 16 Registered: 11/20/07
Posted: May 8, 2008 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

I love my FH with all my heart but he has somethings that drive me up the wall:

1. He is afraid of birds, its just strange to me that the sparrow in our back yard reduces him to histarics

2. He really likes working on cars which is great for me because I know jack-shit about all that stuff but he does all of the work on the carpet in the basement and leaves a rather large mess for days at a time all over the place. You have a garage why wont he do those things out there?

3. After doing the dishes he leaves the old dirty water in the sink for days and days, how hard is it to pull the plug out?

4. He cuts his nails in front of the TV and throws them all on the carpet. We have some horrible 1980s shag in our house right now so his nails are a pain in the ass to vacuum out!  

5. He likes the gross shag carpet in the house, he has absolutely no taste lol

6. He thinks saying "honey lets have some sex right now" counts as foreplay, how about a little effort every now and then?

7. Socks everywhere! I gave him a hard time about throwing them next to the basket rather than in it and the whole situation backfired. They no longer go anywhere near the basket and he has taken to throwing them in front of my dresser arg!

Boys are obnoxious sometimes but I still love him and will look after him. 

On November 21, 2009 I marry my best friend

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: glynisfrey

Oh, I remembered another one.  We have cats.  The litter box doesn't exist in his world.  He'll be at my apartment 4 hours before I get there some days.  I come in from work, and the litter box is dirty.  I walk over, start scooping the lumps out, and THEN he says to me..."Babe, relax.  I can do it."  Ugh, men.
http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

FutureMrsAvaLyn... Posts : 14 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: glynisfrey

I, too, have some things about FH that drive me absolutely crazy.  But...I Love him!

1.  When he shaves his face (OR) his head, there is always a blanket of hair all over the sink...not only is this disgusting, but his hair gets stuck in my soap and attracts to the soap dish.

2.  Oddly enough...he rarely wants sex.  Like if he goes for a month without sex, it seriously doesn't phase him.  But it kills me.  The thing is that he is young and embarrased by his lack of libido, so when I bring it up...it's like I have crushed him.  But he will not do anything about it.

3.  He gnaws his teeth together when he sleeps and it's like nails on a chalkboard for me.

4.  He is a total nerd and plays this game called "Magic the gathering".  He builds "decks" and rambles about it  24/7.  Magic is his mistress and that bitch gets all the attention!

5. He is seriously A.D.D. and I hate repeating myself.  

6.  I used to always hate it when he would never cut his hair or shave...he just looked like a mountain man with a mop on top.  But now he's in the Army and that's all changed...LOL!  :-)

7.  I can't tell his facial expressions apart.  He always has the same faces: deer-in-the-headlights, happy, sad, or mad.  When he is nothing or is just bored...he always looks mad.  So if he says anything negative to me with that face...I automatically take it all wrong.  sigh

But all in all....there is much more that I adore about him!

Can't Wait to Wear HIS Last Name

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsAvaLyn...

FutureMrsAva-My FH has the same thing with the libido.  I am the one who always wants sex and he can go over 6 weeks without and it doens't seem to bother him.

Also, I mentioned before that he chews his fingers, but he also bites his finger nails and spits them across the room.  When he has to pee he closes and locks the door, turns on the fan, and runs the sink (so I can't hear him, like I'm trying to listen to him pee!).

He is a chef, so if I cook anything (and he likes when I cook since he does it all day) he hovers over my shoulder and tells me how it should do things.  No, if you want it done that way you should do it yourself.  He is just trying to help but it comes off like he is criticizing.

He is a xbox 360 addict.

He helps with the laundry, but I fold it all.  He goes through 4 t-shirts a day, 2 pairs of underwear and 2 pairs of socks.  And they all end up on the floor next to the bed.

His feet are nasty!!  He was born with dislocated hips and had surgery on them but now he can't reach his feet so hardly ever cuts his toe nails.  We had to stop using a top sheet after a couple months of living together because he kept ripping holes in them with his toe nails! 

The first day of my happily ever after is 9-13-2008!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine