Rec'd RSVPs.... exciting!!

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Rec'd RSVPs.... exciting!!
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:12 AM

We are using FFIL & FMIL address for all of our wedding mail because our landlords suck, we share a mailbox, and we just didn't want such important things coming here. (We are talking about getting a PO Box so our address won't keep changing as we move, until we settle down into a house) So, we hadn't been out to FFIL's house for about two or three weeks now and we went over for dinner and had a pretty big stack of mail waiting for us.

Some RSVP's and some cards. A few unable to attends, but that's okay because we are expecting a lot of those from his family. The point of sending them an invite (besides hoping that they might be able to attend) was just to let them know that something is changing in the family!

A family friend of theirs... who are very old and nearly blind, are already calling me "Jennifer" (My name is Jessica). I'm laughing about it because it's right from the start, that when ever they think of my FH they are going to think about "His wife Jennifer" too. But I understand the elderly mixing up names. I get it enough from my own grandma.

I think part of the reason I'm so excited about it is because I haven't met any of his family besides his grandparents on Dad's side. Most of them live far away, and most of them probably didn't know FH was in a commited relationship, so I've sort of been "announced" or "introduced" to the family now. They know about me! I have a list of names on FH side of the family who we sent invites too, I realized last night that I need to email FFIL and say "Exactly how are these people related to FH?" I know it's family and family friends, I know a few are uncles and aunts, I just don't know which ones! But it was really just like "Send an invite to these people too".

I wanna get more RSVP's!!!

http://edandjessica.brides.com

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Rec'd RSVPs.... exciting!!
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Kica

YAY for RSVPS!! Its good to hear someone so genuinely excited to just get them back. I was the same way. I did a little dance everytime one came in; especially the YES ones. In the first week or so, youll get a lot; then expect a big dropoff after that. Totally nromal. The week your of your RSVP duedate and even a few days after it is when you will get most of them back though. Most people are huge procrastinators and wait til the last second. So just know that is completelyy normal and give guests a couple days after the duedate to officially respond.

Its also a good idea to have some sort of system for keeping track... I put two large pockets on the wall, one YES and NO,and put the cards into the appropriate slot the second it arrived.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Photobucket

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Re: Rec'd RSVPs.... exciting!!
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Good for you!  Enjoy this wonderful time as your wedding day approaches!  (And, as Kelley said, don't forget to keep track of who's coming and who's not, and who hasn't answered yet!)

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine