Online Users: 1,275 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

P.S  - Mrslinn you look gorgeous!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

WOW Newfie!  Sounds like you are on a roll with your planning!!  I'm sorry you're having trouble with your dad's side, but I happy to hear you are not going to let it get to you!  My dad's side is pretty hard to handle sometimes too, but I just looked at it as this is MY DAY, and if they don't like something, they can stay home!!!

As for my planning...I'm done!!  My wedding was March 15th, so my new task is still trying to get all the Thank you cards out and going through our gifts and trying to figure out what goes where!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

PS Thanks, newfie!!  You're too sweet!!

brideincanada Posts : 133 Registered: 1/30/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

NewfieBride2008 - I visited St.John's back in the mid 80s so I can't even really remember where we went or what places we saw anymore.  I am originally from The 'Peg and now live in Calgary with FH (he's also a Winnipeger) and we're getting married back home.  How did you manage to plan a wedding long distance?  I'm finding it to be a bit of a pain, but at least my mom and sister are willing to help do things like scope out florists and DJs for us.

I think my biggest accomplishment so far was finally deciding on a design for my invitations (I'm making them myself) and actually getting FH's input on which one he liked best out of the 8 different designs I put together (it's almost impossible to get more than a one word opinion from him on certain things).

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

MrsLinn - Thank you for your words of encouragement and have fun arranging all of your new stuff!!!

brideincanada - I have family out in Calgary, originally from NFLD but they seem to love it!

How did I plan a wedding from 3,000 miles in Atlanta?  Well, I have dreamed of this since I was a child so I have a determined mind, thank GOODNESS for the internet and my moms family are still there so my family has been a huge help.  We were able to go to St.JOhn's for a weekend back in September which was great.  My FH met my moms family and we met with our decorator ( she is AMAZING and sweet, a big help) met the Priest, hotel manager, tux shop and through more family found a cake maker and photographer.  PHEW!.

I was a wreck when we shipped my gown but thankfully it arrived safe.  My cousin received a phone call wondering if he was smuggling gowns into Canada, but other than that....it awaits for me at my aunts home.

All I can say is Thank GOODNESS for free long distance and the internet right?  = )

Omigosh...

Here is my website. There is alot to look at but if you have a few minutes have a glance and turn on your volume.  There is wedding info and some info on St. John's!!!

http://cs00.ewedding.com/sites/ShirleyDinn2008/

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hello everyone!

Newfie-- I just checked out your website, it's so great-- the two of you are so cute together!  Love the Enya, it's fits the site so well.  I was going to sign your guestbook but then I got embarrassed Wink, but when I think of something witty to say I'll go back and sign!  And I totally understand about cramming a lot of planning into visits back home-- it may be a little more stressful, but it's great to know that you're really maximizing your time and getting a lot accomplished!

MrsLinn-- I love a good poll!  I have no idea what my biggest accomplishment is-- I feel like I've gotten a lot done, but everything seems "big" at the time!  I guess the biggest accomplishment is that FH finally proposed after all this time Smile!  The easiest thing so far has been picking out the dress, the hardest thing has been dealing with the guest list from h*ll!  Our venue only holds 200, and yet he wants to invite pretty much all of Ireland (who knows, Newfie, if our FHs ever crossed paths in Ireland, you may be getting an invite to our wedding Smile).  I'm really trying not to stress out over it, though-- we worked out the numbers, and if he goes over it, he'll have to invite less of his friends from over here, but it won't affect my list at all!

Hope everyone's doing well!
Leigh

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Leigh - I forgot to tell you, we were invited to your wedding last night...can't wait!  Laughing

Just kidding, I understand the feeling!

Ohhhh  go ahead and sign the guestbook, that is very sweet of you!  Don't be bashful = )

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Happy Friday Ladies!  I am so thankful it i s here.  What's on tap for everyone over the weekend?

I am writing my programs, welcome bag books and putting together my signature book to be ordered next week.

So I came home from work today to find a dozen roses on the counter....someone pinch me....

Here is my tiara ( I hope it posts)= )

1SexyBride2B Posts : 18 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

It's great to find this thread! I turned 30 in Dec and will be 32 when FH and I get married. He will be 34...We've dated for 7+ years and it will be a first marriage for both of us. I am ready and have been for some time. We plan to have 2 more children, I have 1 son now. Are any of you planning for kids?

1SexyBride2B! Kiss

hotforteacher Posts : 39 Registered: 4/7/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: 1SexyBride2B

Hi all,

I hope I can join this thread. It looks like it has been active for a while. I am 35 and FH is 41. My first marriage his second. He proposed on April 4 and we're getting married on Nov 7. It's a short time frame and since the proposal was a complete surprise I'm starting from ground zero. But I am so excited to finally be planning a wedding and am soooo glad I waited for the right guy to come along. Good things come to those who wait!!!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Welcome, 1SexyBride and hotforteacher (your screen name cracks me up-- I immediately had to go play that song on my iPod!)!  The more 30+ brides the merrier. 

1SexyBride-- every time I go to see my doctor, he reminds me that after the wedding, "it's baby time!", LOL.  So, we won't start trying until after the wedding, but then we will and see what happens.  If it happens, it happens, if not, we're totally fine with adoption so I'm not really sweating it!

hotforteacher-- you are absolutely right that good things come to those who wait!  I've been with my FH for 5+ years, but I know that if I'd ended up with any of the guys I dated seriously in my 20s before him, it would've been a HUGE mistake!  Good luck with your planning-- you can definitely plan a wedding in 7 months, just focus on getting the big things out of the way now and remember to have fun!!  Let us know if you need any help, advice, opinions, etc.-- we are all at different points in the planning process so it's everyone is a great help with advice.

Newfie-- I'm so glad you're going to be joining the rest of Ireland at my wedding Wink

Have a great day, everyone!
Leigh

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi ladies!

First off- MrsLinn, you looked so pretty! Congratulations again!

I see you're all making lots of progress in your wedding planning! That's great : ) I love reading how you're all handling different issues that are coming up.

I've been lurking around reading it all but I haven't had time to sit down and post until now. My plans are unofficially on hold. My FH decided to make a MAJOR career move recently. It can be either really, really good or not so good. It's a huge risk. I told him that I don't feel comfortable putting deposits down until we know for sure that this is going to work out. He thinks we should go ahead and start booking stuff. We have the $ to do it but I would rather wait until summer and see what's going to happen. If this doesn't work out, we may need our wedding fund $. So, until we know for sure, I'm holding on to that $.

Anyway, have a great day everyone! Welcome new 30+ brides! remember to post pictures!

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Muffin- I'm sorry you have to put everything on hold right now!!  Look at it this way, this could really turn out to be an awesome thing for you and FH!!  I wish you all the best and keep us posted on your plans!

As for the baby thing...WOW!!!  When DH and I started our pre-marriage counseling, we had to fill out like 20 surveys without comparing answers!  When we went back to our minister, he compared them to see what areas we might need to work on!  The only thing DH and I had different answers for was the question on children.  We both wanted them, but we disagreed on when to start!  Being that DH is 50 and I'm 36, we really don't have much time (as my OB/GYN keeps telling me, my clock is ticking and the batteries are getting low!) Laughing  Because of this, I put I wanted to start trying on our honeymoon!  DH put he wanted to wait until we were financally able!  I told him if we did that we would NEVER start!! I told him I didn't want to be like 70 years old and he be like "Ok honey!  We can start on those children now!"Laughing  I won, and although we have started trying, it hasn't happened yet!  I'll keep you posted!!!

Message was edited by: mrslinn08

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Muffin - Long time not chat!  I am sorry to hear about your wedding plans for now but don't worry, it will happen!  I hope your FH is very successful in what he does!

Mrs Linn- - I told my FH that I am ready to start trying the day after our wedding for little ones, I dont think I am going to win that battle butits worth a try!

MizHines - Funny about your doctor.  I am sure mine will say the same when I see her again!  Did your garters come in?

Welcome hotforteacher ( great name) and 1sexybride2b!!!  We have some great ladies here!

I am going to post the handle of my cake serving set and the base of our toasting flutes.  The SPARKLE under soft light, so exciting!!Sorry for the huge pix!

One more day until Friday!!!

o8jada08 - You have probably seen these in june 2008 brides already= o

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine