Save the Date ideas...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

CollegeBride2009 Posts : 33 Registered: 3/24/08
Save the Date ideas...
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 5:54 PM

Does anyone want to share their creative save-the-date ideas. We were thinking magnets but all of our friends have done those so we were try to think of something a little more out of the box... Thanks!

June 20, 2009 I marry my best friend!

TEACHERS ROCK!!

DawnaCrystal Posts : 990 Registered: 4/7/08
Re: Save the Date ideas...
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: CollegeBride2009

We took a picture of my Hubby and I with shirts on that said save the date. Printed a ton of them and glued them to the back of home printed post cards. It was low cost and origional. We got a ton of compliments on them. The postage was lower as well since they were only postcards. For the shirts we ran down to Home depot and got the black mailbox stickers and put them on plain white t-shirts.

Just an idea. We are on a strict 2,500 dollar budget so cheap was key for me. But if your budget allows you could do a professional pic and have them printed directly on the postcards.

Nichole3 Posts : 1,410 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: CollegeBride2009

I saw photo booth type ones.  In each pic along the strip they held up a card with a different piece of info. their date, names, etc.

I also have seen STDs done in bottles.  Think message in a bottle with sand and shells.

Scrolls tied with a ribbon

STD handwritten on a sand dollar

Do you have a theme or colors picked out yet?

August 21, 2010

CollegeBride2009 Posts : 33 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 4:09 AM Go to message in response to: CollegeBride2009

I love the STD in the bottles. That is so funny that you mentioned the photobooth picture idea, we were thinking about that as well!

I don't think we are going to have a really big theme but something to do with sweet romance. Sweet meaning sugar, I am a cake decorator so we might play with that!

June 20, 2009 I marry my best friend!

TEACHERS ROCK!!

Posted: May 4, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: CollegeBride2009

Since you are a cake decorator and into sweets, what about baking cookies, placing them on a lollipop stick and wrap the cookie with your "Save the Date" announcement.

Grafik Expressions
dream...envision...achieve
http://www.grafikexpressions.net
grafik-expressions@hvc.rr.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine