Manhattan venue for small wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Manhattan venue for small wedding
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 11:46 AM

Hi, ladies -- I just got an email from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan informing their members that there are 4 rooms in the museum that members can rent for private events.  My first thought is that these would be such a beautiful, classy venue for anyone planning a small wedding.

Depending on your category of membership (i.e., how much you pay) you can rent the rooms at various times of the year and on various days/nights of the week.  Here are the basic descriptions, in case anyone is interested.

• Newly available for rental, the Patrons Lounge is an elegant room for cocktail receptions for up to 100 people and may be rented by Members for Friday and Saturday evenings and during select evening receptions.
  • The Terrace Room, overlooking Central Park, accommodates 36 guests.
  • The Bass Room, a lovely interior room, accommodates 22 guests.
  • The Rose Room, overlooking Central Park, accommodates 12 guests.

For more information there is a phone number: 212-650-2819 .  The email does not mention how much the room rental costs so you would have to inquire.

I just thought I would post this in case anyone is interested.

Best wishes!

EveT

DoubleGreen Posts : 285 Registered: 8/12/07
Re: Manhattan venue for small wedding
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

The email does not mention how much the room rental costs so you would have to inquire.

Ut oh.. Sounds like "If you have to ask, then you cant afford it." LOL

Seriously, I love New York. That would be the perfect destination wedding for me.

Re: Manhattan venue for small wedding
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

Thanks for this thread!  I remember when I was planning my first wedding and called there to inquire.  The site fee was $25,000 plus the cost of security and all these extras that you were required to invest in.  I could never have afforded it at that time.  That was more than 10 years ago and New York has changed a bit.  For instance, back then there was a 5 year wait list to get married at St. Patrick's Cathedral.  Nowadays, no wait list.  Anyone interested in New York Weddings is welcome to visit my site and email or PM me anytime.  New York is my town and we know each other very well.

Nicole

www.nyweddingconcierge.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine