Problem skin, but wanting to wear makeup- HELP!!

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Problem skin, but wanting to wear makeup- HELP!!
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 11:01 AM

Hi Ladies, I'm needing some advice! I've had problem skin since I was 13. Acne, pretty bad, all over my face, chest, back, you name it. I went to a dermatologist in high school and he put me on every regimen possible, nothing helped. Then he put me on Accutane and WOW! I was acne free for years!! But now, of course, I'm starting to breakout again. I've toyed with the idea of getting back on it ( my wedding is over a year away) to clear up my skin in time for the wedding. The problem though is cost and making sure there would be no problems if I got pregnant early in the marriage.

ANYWAY, I want to wear makeup on my wedding day, I only wear eye makeup b/c makeup makes my skin breakout. I'd like to wear some now, but didn't know what would be good for such problem skin. I've looked at Bare Minerals and wondered if anyone else has tried this?? I want to look natural, but smooth and evened out without breaking out big time. Anyone have suggestions? Used Bare Minerals? other makeup? Thanks ladies!!

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Re: Problem skin, but wanting to wear makeup- HELP!!
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I think it wouldn't hurt to go to your doctor just to see what options you have.  Being older now, your acne could be caused by something else, and treatments that didn't previously work might work for you now.  So it's worth at least making the appointment.

Minerals are great!  I used bare minerals for a while, but it was pretty expensive.  Now I use a brand called everyday minerals.  It's about half the price, and just as good!  You can order it at www.everydayminerals.com.  They will also send you a free sample kit (3 foundations, a blush, and one other product, I think).  All you pay is shipping, which is like $3.  I do still use bare minerals' primer and mineral veil, though.  Oh, and make sure you have a really good brush to apply the make up with.  I like kabuki's, personally.

If you really want to try the name brand stuff, go to sephora and have one of their people apply it for you.  Also take some photographs with it on, because I've heard that due to the high spf in the make up, and can wash out your face in pictures.  Then again, lots of brides on here have used it with no problems, so I don't really know. 

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: Problem skin, but wanting to wear makeup- HELP!!
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine