No Bridesmaids!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

JsDelilah Posts : 2 Registered: 2/6/08
No Bridesmaids!
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 3:40 PM

Hi, My fiance proposed on Christmas day, and we have decided to have a prolonged engagement until it's the right time to walk down the aisle.  My problem is, when we do set a date, I have no friends to speak of to be bridesmaids...or a maid of honor.

It would break my mom's heart if we eloped, but how can I spare myself the embarassment of having No bridal party?Embarassed

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Re: No Bridesmaids!
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: JsDelilah

What about family?
Sisters? Cousins? Aunts even....it doesn't have to be just friends. I am having a mixture of family & friends in my BP.

Emy & Bryan

mywedding.com/BryanAndMariaEmanuelasWedding

llama jjammies

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

Oh & by the way, it is not mandatory to have a bridal party.
Please don't just elope because you don't have one yet.

Emy & Bryan

mywedding.com/BryanAndMariaEmanuelasWedding

llama jjammies

SoonToBeAnother... Posts : 24 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: JsDelilah

We're getting married in May, and neither one of us have a party.  We don't know enough people (family or friends) to have a nice party, so we decided to forgo the whole thing.  Our family and friends don't care either way.  It's up to you, it's your day. :-)

Ken & Nola

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: JsDelilah

Like the previous posts said you don't need a bridal party.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I'm glad I have mine but it's also a headache a times where I wished I didn't have them so I had less things to worry about.  Trying to get everyone together is not always easy. 
Until I marry my Rockstar!

JsDelilah Posts : 2 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: JsDelilah

THANK YOU 3 !!!  I feel alot better about it now.  I hope all of your weddings are beautiful and your marriage(s) blessed!

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: JsDelilah

Just remember, that you can have guys as your attendants if you want.  *G*  Just don't expect them to plan the bridal shower...

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Fitzer Posts : 643 Registered: 8/7/07
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: JsDelilah

Yeah, bridal parties are kind of overrated  in my book.  I have a party of 3 - my SIL (my brother's wife) is my Matron of Honor, my best friend and roommate from college is a BM, and my best friend from my job/new city I moved to is my other BM.  They're all over the country, so it's not like we get together or have fun BM bonding nights.  We just email a little.

When my brother and SIL got married, she had 5 BMs (I was one).  I'm the only one she still is in contact with.  So don't worry or get too down on yourself about it.

DoubleGreen Posts : 285 Registered: 8/12/07
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Fitzer

Cheer up, girl.

I've seen MOH and BM only bridal parties. People will appreciate a short ceremony that's not piled on by a bridal party parade. Then you can follow it up by a fun filled reception.

Or you can get with this business:

Bridesmaids for hire

A Chinese girl is to launch her own company, hiring out professional bridesmaids for weddings.

Xu Lisha, a student at the Tianjin Institute of Professional Technology, is recruiting staff from universities.

In an online ad, she says she's looking for: "University students are a must. Slim, generous looking, who deal with wedding incidents with wisdom and quick reactions."

Xu told the Daily News: "I feel students are more pure and have good courtesies. More importantly, they need the money."

She has hired herself out as a bridesmaid three times already and says she came up with the idea after seeing there is good market demand.

"As positions like wedding host, cameraperson and make-up artist have been professionalised, the same goes for bridesmaids. Future couples would love to hire professional bridesmaids. This is going to be the trend."

You can have a hot Asian chick posse flown over and look like a Gwen Stefani concert:

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine