Next David's Bridal $99 sale? updated - I found my dress!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

lilly295 Posts : 28 Registered: 1/2/08
Next David's Bridal $99 sale? updated - I found my dress!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 5:26 PM

I'm on a really tight budget and the David's bridal $99 sale sounds great. My problem is, my mom really wants to come dress shopping with me and she lives 3 hours away. She's not able to come up in time for this sale, does anyone know when the next one will be?  Message was edited by: lilly295

DestoB Posts : 638 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: Next David's Bridal $99 sale?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: lilly295

they're usually in january and july (which i'm holding out for!).

MrsLewis Posts : 325 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: DestoB

I ordered my dress from David's during the $99 sale to get the discount on my dress ($200 off) and it was in the month of May I believe.  I KNOW it was before July, becuase I remember showing my aunt my dress during our 4th of July party.......  It seems like they run one every three months or so.....just keep looking!  Btw...I had a great experience there.

Daisypath Ticker 

Whitb55 Posts : 435 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 3:52 AM Go to message in response to: lilly295

Hey lilly, I work at a David's Bridal and we have a sale going on right now. It is the $99 gown sale, but all the gowns are on sale, it just depends on the price of the gown. I would suggest calling the closest David's Bridal (after you talk to your mom and set a day and time) and set up an appointment. Keep in mind it is CRAZY busy there on Saturdays so if you are wanting a more calm experience I would suggest going on a week day. Sundays are busy too but not as bad. 

Some people get a little surprised with the $99 gown sale. Basically all the gowns that are $99 are discontinued so you cannot order the ones that are $99. As well, since they are discontinued and on high demand they usually sell fast so there is not a huge selection of $99 gowns. I know some people feel dissapointed with that sometimes.

However, if you see $99 gowns you like I would try them on even if they are too big or small. You can get them altered or have your consultant check and see if another store has the $99 gown you like in your size. If another store has it you can do a phone order for the dress with that store and then just pay $15 to have the gown shipped to your house.

I hope this helps, I just wanted to give you tips so you can get a gown you like for a great price. I would look at other gowns too just in case. Tell your consultant your price range and they will know what to find for you. Hope this helps! Let us know if you find your gown.  

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Thanks for all of your responses everyone! I thought I responded before but obviously I didn't. Sorry! :)

So luck was on my side, the sale was extended until this Sunday.  The only day my mom could come was Saturday, hopefully it won't be too busy! Would it be helpful for me to make an appointment Whitb? What can I expect when I go in? Is it helpful to have a list of styles I like off the site? Thanks for all of your advice, it's good to know!

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: lilly295

Lilly it is soooo crowded on Saturdays so don't be shocked. It is best to make an appointment that way you get a fitting room right away, and especially since this is the only time mom can come. Sometimes people have to be turned away just because the appointments are full and there are not any open rooms. If you do make an appointment when you go in you give the girl at the desk right up front your name and the give you a catalog to pick out some gowns or they give you right to your consultant. If I were you I would ask for a 10am appointment, it is the first one of the day and that means you are the first girl that consultant has helped and no waiting. If you are interested mainly in $99 gowns as the consultant or girl at the desk where they are so you can pick some out. Basically $99 gowns are gowns that have been discontinued so they are the last ones left and cannot be ordered. However if you find one you like but it is too big or too small your consultant can always see what other stores might have it in the right size and then you can do a phone order with that store and just pay $15 to have the gown shipped to your home. Sadly, David's Bridal does not do store to store shipments. But if you are not set on getting a $99 gown totally look at all the other ones. With the $99 sale they will all be on sale for a certain amount. For example any dresses between the prices of 299 and 599 are 50 off. The Designer gowns are 200 off which is AMAZING.  

Any other questions. If you have a budget or specific style you like tell me and I can suggest some dresses to you just so you have an idea before you go. I love to help.  

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 1:21 AM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Wow thanks for your help Whitb! I think I'll talk to mom tomorrow to see what time she can make it out and then make an appointment. 

My budget is pretty tight, up to $250. Wish it was bigger, cause there's some amazing gowns out there! I'd like to keep alterations to a minimum (unless it was a $99 dress), so I like corset backs (I also like the look of them) I also like sweetheart necklines but I'm not super picky. I like the idea of adding a bit of color with a sash or something too.

Are there any dresses in that price range that you can think of that suit pear-shaped girls like me (street size 16-18)?

Is it important to have the undergarments that you plan on wearing for your wedding at the appointment or is that just for fittings?  Is there anything else I can do to make the appointment go more smoothly? 

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 2:05 AM Go to message in response to: lilly295

Here is a tip if you are a 16-18 size if you can buy a misses size instead of a women's size you can normally save $50 because they charge more for a 16W than a 16. However a 14W is more like a 18 missies. I would suggest that you look at the $99 gowns right away and try on ones that might be bigger or smaller because you might be able to find them in the right size a another store, and they can do a look up for you at the store. There are also gowns that have been marked down to 100 off or discounted because they are discontinued but not on the $99 sale yet. I actually helped a girl the other day and she bought a bridal gown for prom. It was discontinued so it was marked down to $249 and with the sale was $199. Ask your consultant to see anything in your 250 or less price range tell her to not even bring anything out more expensive. Here are some gowns that I know are 250 or less with the sale: T9293, T8923, T9104 (is online full priced but this is the gown I sold the prom girl for $199), T8778, and T8076. I know there are some that I must be missing because they are marked down in the store but not online. Look at those and tell me if you like any of them. Some are shown with a sash and others are not but you can but one with any dress. I believe all of those dresses are $299 but $50 off with the sale. 

As well, David's Bridal has an online only collection. They are not in stores to try on and you cannot order them or return them in the stores either. However, they are in the store as bridesmaid dresses and in color. So if you see any of those you like you can go try them on in a color to find out what size then order them in white online. They are all under $250. I hope this helps.

And to answer your undergarments question. If you have things you are already wanting to wear then bring them. However, we have bras and slips and shoes for everyone to use while trying on.

Here are just a few more things you might want to know. With the sale the day you get your dress you can get 15% off the purchase of any bra, slip, veils, tiaras, and shoes that you buy that day too. Also when you do get your gown you get a "rewards booklet" that has coupons for $20 off all regularly priced bridesmaid dresses and mob dresses (basically anyone who gives David's your name can get that discount if they buy a dress for your wedding), 15% off shoes for everyone, 15% off flower girl dresses, and a lot more I cannot remember it all now. Also, David's Bridal always offers their financing which is usually 6 months same as cash no interest. However, with the sale it is 12 months. So if you or your mom wanted to apply for that and get approved they will give you a limit but you have a whole year to pay off anything you put on the card interest free. It is also a good way for brides to get their bridesmaids to purchase and not wait until the last min. The get a discount and you can put it on the card and make them pay you back and you have a year. But maybe with the financing you could spend more on your dress if you wanted to since you have a whole year.

Alright, I will stop because I just keep going haha. I hope this helps. Let me know if you like any of the ones I suggested and if you have anymore questions. And of corse let us know how things go Saturday.  

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Thanks again for all of your help whitb! I like the simplicity of the T9293 gown but I'm not sure I like the obi sash. I also like the T8778 and T8923. I've always liked really ornate gowns in magazines but now that I'm really looking, I'm finding I like the simpler ones...

It's funny you mention the one you sold to the girl for prom, because my FH is in love with this dress! haha I was flipping through the david's bridal site one night and he saw it and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful he thought it was. Now any time I mention another dress that I like he brings that one up again. I'll have to try it on now that it's in our budget. My only problem with it is I'm not a big fan of pick up skirts cause I'm worried it'll make me look even more bottom heavy than I already am. It doesn't hurt to try it though!

It's good to know about the financing, it's definitely something to consider. It would be nice to use that money for something else now.

Is the 15% off for my bra/slip etc only for the day I purchase the dress or can it be used later?

Thanks for taking the time to come up with answers for me! I feel a lot more prepared now...here's hoping something will jump out at me when I'm there! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: lilly295

The 15% off on the bra, slip, and headpieces can only be used the day you buy your gown. 

I do not think that the pick up skirt will make you look bottom heavy. That dress is a very simple look yet still princess like. Funny thing is that I showed it to someone else today and she loved it. She was more like a size 20 and it looked great on her. From what I have noticed though that dress has only been in women's sizes. So I would suggest you look at the 14W for it first. If it is too big you can get it taken in since it is so cheap (if that is the one you like of corse). Anyway, let me know how things go I hope you find your dress on Saturday!  

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

I found my dress! I couldn't get an appointment at the closest store so I went to the next furthest...glad I did though cause my dress was a discontinued Oleg Cassini...half price plus $50 off cause of the sale. My mom said she wanted to buy my dress before we got to the store, which was a nice surprise!

I love it! It's more ornate than I thought I wanted, it's beaded all over and it's a light ivory. My picture is from my camera phone...I forgot a camera!  (I also forgot to smile...haha)

I hope FH will like it...his one request was not too many beads, but I couldn't help it, I loved this dress so much, all the other ones just weren't right. My mom loved it too, her face lit right up when I came out with it on. Thanks for your help Whitb and everyone that responded!

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: lilly295

I am glad you found your dress! I love love love that one! 

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

It looks beautiful, lily!  I'm happy that you found your wedding dress!

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

How much was your dress originally because those discounted Oleg Casini dresses are the best buy ever! 

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Thanks whitb and bridechica! It's funny how having the dress really makes it real that I'm getting married!

My dress was originally $1100, that's what was on the tag anyway...it was marked down to $549 so I walked out with it for $499 cause of the sale. It's an amazing deal! The david's style number is 8CT167. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine