My custom rings, finally!

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

RockChalkChick Posts : 48 Registered: 12/27/06
My custom rings, finally!
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 12:12 PM

All my rings are finally finished! 

My guy proposed to me with a ring given to him by his grandmother last December, but it took about 6 months to get the ring redesigned and created (well, about 4 months to find ANY jeweler who would do the work!), and then a few more months to get the stones in the wedding band to match the colors.

So, here's the original gift from his grandmother:

(It's a gorgeous ring, but WAY too big for my comfort for daily wear).

I found I loved the idea of a 3-stone trellis setting, but I also wanted the stone to be east-west (horizontal), and it was all but impossible to find someone who could do the trellis setting to accommodate the wider stone.

Finally, we found a great jeweler who not only was willing to do everything we wanted, but also was about half the price of the other places!

Here's the ring:

I love the deep blue sapphires, but we went through 6 sets of sapphires to find the correct matching color for the band!

And, finally - we had them reset the original ring with an oval sapphire, and I'll probably wear it for the wedding and other special occasions.

What do you think? I'm so excited to finally have everything work out! 

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Re: My custom rings, finally!
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

I would love to make a comment about your ring, but for some reason I can't see the transformation (probably bc I'm at work!).  I'll make sure that I check it out later at home.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

I love the rings, they're gorgeous. The one his grandmother gave him is soo different which makes it even more beautiful.

[url=http://tickers.families.com]imghttp://tac.families.com/ezb/1026380.png[/img][/url]

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 8:21 AM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

i remember when you first posted this heirloom ring, it really is one of a kind.  i LOVE your ring and band and i also LOVE how you were able to keep the original with a simple trade of the stones!

beautiful work! 

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

Now, I see it!  Wow!  It's really beautiful!  That must have taken some work!

MrsLewis Posts : 325 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

Your rings turned out beautifully!  I had to smile when I saw your screen name, bc I am from MO  :)  I assume you are a KU fan?  I just live a couple of hours south of the KC area, and my dad actually works in Olathe...  It's kinda neat to see someone on here from the "area"...  anyway!  Your rings are gorgeous!

Daisypath Ticker 

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

i dont know if i already posted (and i didnt think to read through before i started this post lol sorry)

your rings are beautiful!!!!

i would post pictures of my ring if i could figure out how to make them that clear but your rings are gorgeous...congratulations on finally getting them

Much love and Support!!

Ashley

Once An Ugly Ducking Soon A Beautiful Swann

Way to go Curvatious Cuties!!! BL4 Here We Come!!!!!!!! 

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

i dont know if i already posted (and i didnt think to read through before i started this post lol sorry)

your rings are beautiful!!!!

i would post pictures of my ring if i could figure out how to make them that clear but your rings are gorgeous...congratulations on finally getting them

Much love and Support!!

Ashley

Once An Ugly Ducking Soon A Beautiful Swann

Way to go Curvatious Cuties!!! BL4 Here We Come!!!!!!!! 

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

I LOVE all the rings.  I'm a September gal, so I just love my saphires (sp?). 

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

Well, I haven't figured how to post a picture of my ring so you'll have to hit "album" on the left side! I just got a new computer and I wish there were "baby" instructions! My cell phone just died and I am learning that all over again, too! 

My FH didn't have a clue about rings! You might laugh if you look at my ring, because it's not your typical engagement ring. I showed him the pictures of the girls' rings on a different thread, and he said he had no clue about rings! So, I accepted, of course, the ring, and I am now left wondering how the heck he is going to find a "match" wrap for the ring. My FH is SO CUTE-he's just clueless about marriage!!!!

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine