military wedding colors

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

RainyBride Posts : 18 Registered: 6/1/06
military wedding colors
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 9:59 PM

So, my AF fiance will wear a navyblue uniform for our wedding.  I want pink and platinum for colors.  I don't want to clash, but I also don't want to go too matchy-matchy.  Besides, I really don't like any shade of blue enough to include it in my wedding.  If I didn't do pink, I thought maybe pale yellow would be a nice compliment to the navy.

Any other military brides out there?   What colors did you pick?

In other words, I love you.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Re: military wedding colors
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

I think your choices of pink, platinum, and navy blue are great!  The platinum could be used as an accent color.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

i love the pink the the platinum we are having a red and gold wedding and we didn't even think about his uniform clashing!! it really dosnt matter what color he is wearing!!! pick the colors that you both like!!

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

litlbit Posts : 192 Registered: 1/19/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

I'm using navy and pink for my wedding!  It looks so good.  But if for some reason you can't sell FI on pink, pale yellow would look so good too.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

Just because he is wearing his uniform doesn't mean you have to include it into the color scheme.  pink and platinum are great colors.  Don't included to blue if you don't want to.  If it really bothers you, see if he will wear a tux.  

thebigcheese Posts : 155 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

I used blue, but only because it's my favorite color, not because it matched my husband's dress blues.

I've been to lots of military weddings and the bride usually hasn't taken the uniform into consideration when choosing colors.  Military uniforms are considered neutral and separate from the other wedding attire, so you don't have to worry about matching, although you certainly can if you want to.  I think yellow would look very nice, but you can do pink if you want to.  I've been to military weddings where the dresses were celadon, burgundy, kind of a mocha or latte color, and champagne.

thebigcheese Posts : 155 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: thebigcheese

Oh, and I wanted to add that I disagree with futuremrsperry's suggestion to ask him to wear a tux if you're worried about the matching.  Military dress uniforms are a great source of pride and he shouldn't be denied the honor of wearing one (which he has so rightly earned) simply for the sake of aesthetics.  Maybe he would be okay with wearing a tux if you asked him, but most military people I know (including my husband) were really adamant about wearing their dress uniforms, and rightly so.  If he wants to wear his dress uniform, and you're worried about the colors clashing, than you should change your colors instead of asking him to wear a tux.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 1:52 AM Go to message in response to: thebigcheese

The big cheese is right my Fh would flip shit if i told him hunnie ya know you dont quite match with everything you mind renting a tux? He is soo adament about wearing his uniform hes thinking about buying whites!!! nearly 1000 after all sead and done! But you know what i wouldn;t have it anyother way! I wouldn;t want my FH in something that he dosnt want to wear! because it dosnt match! I think the OP needs to get a grip! No one cares about if he matches or not!!! nor will anyone notice!! even if it wsa obvious like gold yellow burnt red and burnt orange or something like that.... NO ONE CARES he looks damn sexy in his uniform and if he wants to wear it get a grip and find a bigger issue to fight over!!!! Its not worth your time effort and you need to get a relaity check!

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

Great color choices.

http://glitzandglamor.com 

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

I think we are going to do a deep indigo/sapphire color. I really like the color and for a september wedding it works. It's formal, but it's not black. My thing isn't necessarily the matching, it's just that the cathedral we are marrying in is very ornate, and with all of those details, and then all of the military uniforms...I just didn't want too many things for people to look at.

I was concerned though when I thought that half of the groomsmen were going to be in the Class A (green) army uniform with their pants bloussed into their boots because they are airborne. I just didn't think combat boots were very appropriate for the cathedral. Thank goodness though that the army is taking care of that issue for me....no more Class A's!

FutureMrsRLee Posts : 64 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

I think the pink and platinum will go very well.  I am using a golden brown color with either red or blue as the accent.

rjmojica Posts : 2 Registered: 9/10/09
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

hey! i am going to have an army wedding. he will be wearing his class A..thats pretty much all we have set so far. he is in afghanistan so its difficult to set a date.

i think the colors u chose are not bad at all
i love the idea of navy and pink
navy also goes well wtih goldish

umm...and yeah

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:22 AM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1919 is just $339.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine