Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Newfie - I guess it is romantic - I just thought he was being a brat!  Europe will be an amazing honeymoon.

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hi Everybody!

I feel so bad, I've been off this board forever (ok, it's been a couple of weeks, but it FEELS like forever Smile).  Hope everyone's doing well-- thanks for the info. about the wineries, Katie-- I'm so excited to get the chance to check them out myself!  My sister got married this past weekend in MA, so we took the opportunity to meet up with our NH-based photographers and got our engagement pictures done!  They came out so well and we had a fantastic time-- it makes me really excited to do the boudoir shots, and then the wedding photos (the fun doesn't stop!).  Here are a few pics (they sent me 75, and I LOVE every one, but these are the ones they put up on their blog 1st):

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/mizhines/epics/us.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/mizhines/epics/engaged.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/mizhines/epics/smooches.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/mizhines/epics/feets.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc303/mizhines/epics/walking.jpg

Ok, I've gotta go catch up on the past couple of weeks around here-- why does work ALWAYS get in the way of wedding planning Wink?

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hi MuffinB!

Thanks for posting the pics-- our rings look almost the same (I'll have to post one of our e-pics that shows my ring so we can compare)!  Don't you love it?!  I've been engaged since July and I can still entertain myself by watching how it sparkles in the light (or the rain, or the dark Wink).  Tell your FH that he has great class!

Talk to you soon!

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Ok, I was debating whether to post the whole e-pic shebang (because, really, who other than me is going to want to look at 75 of our e-pics), but I thought anyone who's getting ready to do their own might want to take a look to get some ideas (and because I really do love them! Embarassed).

http://hinkleyphoto.exposuremanager.com/g/leigh__ken&gallery_page=&gallery_all=&view=1&photo_page=1#photo_s

In response to the HM question, we're not planning a formal honeymoon.  So many of FH's family will be over from Ireland that we want to spend time with them, and we're planning on doing a "blessing" & party over in Ireland in the spring, so we need to save $$ for that.  I'm thinking that we're going to need a "mini-moon" at some point, though-- I love Disney and he's never been-- what do you think if I surprised him with a long weekend there in October 2008 (after the wedding but before the Christmas rush)?

Any and all opinions are much appreciated!
Leigh

Nikkisticks Posts : 52 Registered: 5/25/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

I absolutely love your photos....that was in NH?  I used to live in NH, what part? What a great location with that steel looking door and all....absolutely fabulous!.....I live in Florida now, and disney would be a nice idea, just make sure you don't plan to go when there is a major school vacation going on....people say that september (after most schools have begun classes again) is the best time to go...but October should be fine too, plus the weather will be perfect! not the rainy season, and not too hot, sounds fun to me!

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

A disney honeymoon sounds good.  I considered something like that myself, but the kids would want to go. So, we'll make that a family vacation sometime.  Still haven't decided about that yet.

I have talked with the preacher and our wedding date is on his callendar.  So, we have the church for the wedding and reception.  He wants us to meet with him after the first of the year and look at different ceremony types.  And then a 3 hour talk about if we are sure.  Which we have been living with each other of the past year and 1/2  we are sure we want to do this.  It is just standard with most churches.

My FH and I looked at dresses last night.  I like slim fitting and floor length.  I don't want the train and poofs that I did when I was younger.  And where strappless gowns look pritty on some women, I don't think that is for me.  I would feel naked up there.  I looked at a few and they are in my album.  I haven't figured out how to put pics here yet.  So, check them out if you get a chance.

I need to get out engagement photo done.  I mentioned it last night and he said "when? Now?"  I said "no, there not open right now."  He is so busy,  so finding time when he is not working and then we are having vehichle problems, so he is working on 3 differnt vehichles right now to get my truck fixed so I won't be stranded while he is working and getting his car fixed so he can drive it back and forth to work and then grand ma's van  so we will have a back up, all before he goes back to work next monday.

Anyway, got to go for now.

Christy

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Leigh - I can't believe you even contemplated not sharing your e-pics with us! Of course we want to see them! They are beautiful. You two look so in love.

You guys know how we love pictures on here. LOL.  Don't be afraid to post.

I think Disney will be great in October.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

I know, I know Trina-- the more pics the better around here, right? <smacks self on hand for waiting so long to post e-pics).  Thank you all so much for your kind words about them--  I talked to my photographer last night, and they're going to make our STD magnets (it will ending being more $$ than me doing it myself, but less stress, so I think it works out in the end Smile)and will give us high-res shots to use on our website for free (I'm also thinking of doing a photo guestbook for the wedding).  I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Nikki-- we actually took the shots at Castle Island in South Boston because my sister was getting married in Wellesley, which is 20-30 min. away.  Matt and Liz (the photogs) live in NH and we live in CT, so doing the photos in MA was a good way to meet halfway!

I'm glad that everyone think Oct. would be a good time to go to Disney.  I figure, with the wedding the last weekend in September, we could go a couple of weeks after and the weather will still be nice in FL (and the kids will be in school).  I just think it will be nice to get away for a few days just the 2 of us-- if anyone hears of any good travel deals to Disney over the next 9 months, let me know!!

Happy Friday!!
Leigh

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi ladies, 

Leigh I love the pictures,you both look so happy and in love awwww how sweet! Disney is perfect in October,the weather is just right

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

I agree with you Trina, the more pix the better!  I am going to post more soon!

Leigh - Your pix are fabulous, you and your FH are so cute and in love!  Your honeymoon sounds great and a perfect time to go !

I don't want to burst anyones bubble, but Leigh and MuffinB, my ring is very similar to yours as well and I am so in love with it....I agree...lights on, off...where ever, I can't take my eyes off it!!!Great taste all around!

Leigh - when you say a 'photo guest book' will you have someone taking polaroids of your guests and then have them sign next to the picture?  I was thinking about that too, but I am not sure of the best approach.  Another idea I had was getting a black and white photograph book ( like a coffee table book) and having my guests sign anywhere on the pages with a paint pen.....but it may take too long to dry...all up in the air...

I am going for gown fitting # 2 tomorrow ladies, wish me luck....

I am also going to attempt to post a very very old picture of the interior of my church...the seating has all be changed...but the ceiling etc is the same!

HAPPY FRIDAY

St. Patricks Interior

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Well..there is half of the church!!  Same thing on the other side (wink)Smile

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Newfie - The church is beautiful. Very regal.

odeakc Posts : 70 Registered: 11/7/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

30 and will still be 30 for my June wedding. My FH and I have been together for 12 years. We grew up on the same block..

We are having an outdoor reception under a tent. I had no idea how expensive those things are to rent!!

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: odeakc

Thank you Trina!

Welcome odeakc!  Congrats to you!

Katie, where are you?

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 9:37 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

I'm 29 for now, but will be 30 next July and we're getting married next December. my honey will be 32 by then. and our daughter will be 3! Laughing
DaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine