So whatever happened with...? AKA The UPDATE thread!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 75

genn8p Posts : 35 Registered: 2/10/07
Re: So whatever happened with...? AKA The UPDATE thread!
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

i always wondered what happened with the girl who's fh was sending emails to some girl overseas.

and did the girl who's fiancee passed away in may ever post again? does anyone know what happened to her? i worried about her. the thought of anything happening to my hunny makes me sick to my stomach.

When is my weddingIMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/86e81f2b88010c9f.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: genn8p

It seems like about a month ago there were several "I might call off the wedding" posts but I can't find any updates to those!

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"  ~Jimmy Buffett

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Great thread Art!  I've wondered myself about a few people. 

Hey Oxbride, I remember all of those posts.  Probably because I was one of them!  I did update mine though. 

We are going to counseling, the wedding has been put on hold until we figure everything out.  So far we've only gone to one session, we have our next one next week.  Things are getting better.  We've been using the exercises that the counselor gave us, and communication seems to be getting better.  However FH still has some issues that he's having a hard time sharing with me.  So hopefully we can get to the bottom of it all.

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

....Darkchild24, who had the FH who was racist?

Message was edited by JenlovesDon1 on Oct 9, 2007 5:14 PM

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah, I wonder about those, too.

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I hope this doesn't open Pandora's box by asking but:

Did that husband get his '67 VW bug for his birthday?

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

Message was edited by deltagirl on Oct 9, 2007 8:09 PM

darkchild24 Posts : 196 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

hahahaha!!

that POS hit the curb a longggggggggggggg time ago. i believe i updated...somewhere, althought i don't remember where! anyways, i AM seeing someone now who is NORMAL, in every which way possible. the only weird thing about him is his hunting stories, some that involve hitting a squirrel in its tail, etc...LOL

hmm...i sometimes wonder about that girl who's FH thought it was a waste of money or whatever to get her an engagement ring...

-Laura

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 5:41 AM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

OMG am I guilty of this?  I try to go back and look at all my threads and tell people what advice I went with or something.  But, in case I'm guilty here's a few I remember posting about:

My missing BM eventually turned up and bought her dress.  The missing GM got his tux 1 week before the wedding, after we counted him out on wedding party gifts.  Grandma's extra invited people didn't come, and no one dared to say anything to me about it or about why so and so wasn't there.  I ended up with one of the flower combos I posted but I don't remember which number.  It was like 2 or 3.  No one ever replied to my question about giving out my address at work to coworkers who wanted to send something, but I ended up doing it and we received some cards and gifts!  I still feel bad or guilty about my coworkers who I constantly complain about getting us such expensive things which weren't really necessary...but what's done is done.  Hope that's enough updating lol. 

I really want to know what happened to the girl with the $1300 cake that was made poorly.  Did she get her money back?  You know, the colors didn't match, it was really lopsided, the topper/tiara was all wrong, etc. 

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: genn8p

Artbride I love this post!!  I wonder about that girl who had the really horrible doctor who gave her abortion pills without asking/telling her.  I know she was taking her to court, just wonder if it's resolved or not yet. 

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

That's awesome Darkchild! Glad you were able to move on!!!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

This may have been updated - but did newsjunkie ever find a way to move her cats?

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Oh yay! I'm glad people like the Update Thread idea! I love it when I post something new and find 25 responses when I come back!

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers for my FSIL and my mom! I know my FSIL is very touched that so many people are thinking about her, and I haven't even told her yet about all my internet friends who are sending out prayers and thoughts. Thanks again - it means a lot!

Oh, yeah - I'm totally wondering whether that husband got his VW bug! I'd LOVE an update on that one! As for Newsie's cats, I don't think she's moved yet. Last update I heard on the moving situation, she was still trying to get her DH to finish his resume. And I desperately want to get updates on the court case about the abortion pills - that just makes my blood boil! I doubt that it's gone to court yet - I think she'd probably tell us if it had, since we were all wondering.

Oh! I know I've posted this ALL OVER the boards, so I can't remember which threads I should update, but does anyone remember me talking about the kilt issue? My FH decided that he and the groomsmen were going to wear kilts to the wedding, but he has several family tartans and was dragging his feet to decide which one he wanted to go with. Well, I finally got a decision out of him:

That's the tartan. This is what the whole outfit will look like: http://www.scotyard.com/index.cfm/a/plugin.rentalCenterProduct/vid/26613 It won't let me copy the picture, sorry! And this is my dress:

So anyway, since I had talked to so many of you about the tartan issue, I wanted to share the news that we have a decision! My bridesmaids and I were thinking of going with either the blue or yellow in the tartan for their dresses. We think the red or green would be too much. So that's my tartan update!

Oh, I was also wondering about the Australian girl who was moving to NJ after her wedding. I think the wedding was a while ago, but I was wondering how she's doing. I haven't seen her around.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Message was edited by ArtBride on Oct 10, 2007 10:36 AM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

ART, I loooove your wedding dress. OMG Its absolutely gorgeous. Love the bottom especially. And wow you look amazing in it!!!!

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thank you, thank you, Kelley! I LOVE my dress - and I can't stop showing people the photos, so it won't be a surprise for anyone, haha! Oh well, if I'm spending a ton of money on it, I might as well get my money's worth by showing showing it to everyone I know! I have other pictures - there are more in a thread in the Wedding Dress section from about a month ago, if you want to see more of them.

That's actually the sample gown. It looks like it fits well in the photos, but it's actually a size or so too small. Can't wait to see my REAL dress!

I also fixed the tartan, because I accidentally posted the wrong one - oops! So this is the right one that appears in the post now!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

i am one of those "thinking of calling off the wedding" girls. well it turned out that our issues were a lot worse than just differences in maturity, unfortunately. my FH has a drug problem. i knew that he had had one in the past and had slipped up a few times when we seperated last year but i didn't realize that it had become a problem again until i really put all the peices together. i started snooping and found out that i was right. we had a million LONG talks about it and finally he admitted he has a problem. he is now going to meetings at our church for addicts and he has completely changed his routine ie. coming to bed with me every night and so on. but i still don't trust him. there is lots of lying involved with someone who has an addiction and everytime he leaves the house i'm wondering if he's really going to be where he says. most of the time i just go with him if i can. but i'm trying and he's being really honest with me. telling me when he's having a hard time and talking to me about stuff we've never talked about before. he tells me he feels so much better and he seems happier than before so i'm hoping he sticks with this but i know how addicts can relapse several times before finally kicking their addiction 100%. but i told him that i'm in it for the long haul and as long as he's really trying i'll stick by him. so thats where we're at right now. sorry for the long post!

xoxoxox 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine