Offically Unoffically engaged

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

TJsLady Posts : 22 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Offically Unoffically engaged
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

I didn't have a question about telling people...  The people who are close to us already know we are planning to get married...  To be quite honest, they are the ones with all the questions! (When?, Where?, etc.) ;)

Unlike you, though, I don't have plenty of time to plan a wedding...  So many things require up to a year's advance notice that if we don't hammer down the date really soon, then it will have to be pushed later into the year...  And, we cannot hammer down the date until everything is "official."  To him, "official" means E-ring included...

Posted: Sep 3, 2007 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know this post is somewhat dated by now, but just wanted to say that I'm right there with you all, who don't quite have the ring yet, but feel just as engaged as anyone else!  In fact, my bf just left again today, but we got to spend the entire weekend together! It was the best time I've had in so long, we didn't even do anything overly special, but just made me realize how much I do love him and can't wait to be with him everyday!  Well, I'm hoping i'll finally be able to say that, "we're engaged," sometime this fall... I won't see him for the next 2 months, but after that, yay!!  Hope everything works out soon for the rest of you too!

Being a soldier is hard, but loving one is even harder... T n K

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How interesting when I got married we didn't have a ring we just decided that we were going to go to City Hall on a day and get married.  The only people we told were our witnesses.  We made the announcement afterwards.  My daughter who just got engaged, ie received her ring had her date. bridesmaids, MOH, tuxedos and gowns picked out  when they first started talking marriage.  We are now planning a vow renewal, my hubby actually got down on his knee and proposed before giving me an engagement ring.  I thought it was so romantic but, I guess that is what you do after a life time together.  Everything is just like we were kids again.  My advice put as much in motion as you can without making the big announcement and then when it is official you will have less stress because you already have things in motion.  Anyway happy planning and enjoy your engagement and lives together whenever it happens it will be wonderful.

we belong togetherKiss

blndsnbrdr Posts : 131 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Until 2 months ago I was in exactly the same situation!  My FH and I picked out a ring...and bought it...a year and a half ago.  I knew about the ring in our safe at home and Rogers and Hollands requires you to bring the ring in every 6mons for inspections so they can gtd the diamonds, so I got to do that 3 times before the ring was really mine.  I never told anyone about the ring - it was kind of exciting to have that be 'our' little secret!  I finally got the ring the day before I left the country to study abroad for 2 months, so I haven't really gotten to tell anyone about it until this past week!

We have picked the date (Jan 9, 2009 - 6yr anny) and have alot of the details planned out, but I just don't feel like being the bride-to-be that goes on and on about her wedding so I have a tendency to tell people we don't know.  Although the parents know and I know they won't be able to keep it all to themselves!

SoLovedBySHORTE Posts : 224 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: blndsnbrdr

This is crazy!!! I never knew there were so many couples just like us. I don't have the ring yet either.  We've set a date ( Oct 9,2008, put a deposit on the reception site, and I've brought my dress. We even start marriage counseling on Oct 4th! We've told our closest family members and friends but we used a bit of discretion only because I hate the "Where's the Ring" question. I absolutely hate it! 

Unlike you guys I have no real idea when the ring is coming. I know he was financially strapped this summer. (He's a teacher who was on a tenth month salary). We both have moved home with our parents to save money for the wedding and a house. So I've decided that it just doesn't matter if I have the ring or not. We have our parents blessings and support. We know we love each other and are WAAAYYYYYYYY READY (its been almost six years) so who cares if I have the ring now or later I know its coming. Don't worry about it. I say talk to your FH. It really shouldn't matter who you tell...If they're true friends and love you guys they'll support you whether you have a ring or not.

SMOOCHES!!! Love is Grand!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine