Are you wearing a necklace?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15
Are you wearing a necklace?
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:30 PM

I've been having troubles deciding on jewelry.  So I've been looking at pictures of stars in formal wear and magazines and such looking for ideas.  But what I'm noticing is that most of them aren't wearing a necklace.  Should I just not bother with a necklace?  What are you ladies doing?

Thanks,

Leona

Message was edited by mandmleona on May 9, 2007 5:31 PM

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Re: Are you wearing a necklace?
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am not wearing a necklace. I think it really depends on your dress whether you should wear one. Personally, I like the idea of not wearing one because that way the main focus are me and my dress, not the necklace. But its definitely up to you!

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 9, 2007 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have sexy, beautiful shoulders and I want to show them off, so I am NOT going to wear a necklace with my strapless dress. 

Like you, I have noticed that even with a bare neck, most people tend to not wear necklaces and instead wear long earrings.

Posted: May 10, 2007 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I'm also not wearing a necklace due to the embroidary and beading on the bodice of my strapless dress and i think with a strapless gown and my hair up, long or chandelier earrings would look best!

FutureMrsP2007 Posts : 194 Registered: 12/6/06
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I AM wearing a necklace. It was my great aunt's and now it is my mothers. Its about 50 years old....once mom remembered she had it, i knew I had to wear it! haha. It is quite a big shiny necklace, but it looks lovely. I have a pic of it on that "post your dresses (Again)" thread. I just posted on it yesterday if you woud like to see it.

Some people can pull off no necklace, some people can't. Try on your dress with and without necklaces and see which you are more drawn to. Quite honestly, alot of guests wont even notice if you are wearing a necklace or not, as long as it looks good! good luck

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i am not wearing a necklace but i will wear earrings

in most cases i think it should be either or, either a necklace or earrings but that is just my opinion i don't like a ton of jewelry

the reason i wouldn't wear a necklace is that i have a strapless dress and i am very petite with narrow shoulders, my shoulders are not as broad as they could be so i don't need an ornament drawing the eye in even more.  if that makes sense 

Posted: May 10, 2007 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsP2007

See now, if there was a sentimental necklace...that would make this way easier.  I always assumed I would wear a necklace, but maybe I'm forcing something that isn't necessary.

Besides, my mom is making my dress and teh neck line is still in flux a bit so it's hard to try to guess what would look good.  Maybe I should concentrate on a fab pair of earrings.

Thanks for your input.

RockChalkChick Posts : 48 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: May 17, 2007 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I haven't even picked my dress yet, but I know which necklace I'll be wearing. My father gave my mother a double strand of freshwater pearls for their first anniversary - it's nothing expensive or overly fancy, but my sister-in-law borrowed it to wear when she married my brother, and I've always looked forward to wearing it myself. One of the "must have" moments that I want a picture of is my mother fastening that necklace for me.

beachbumsteph Posts : 74 Registered: 5/15/07
Posted: May 18, 2007 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

i luv lookin at pics of the stars 2. nicolekidman wears some nice necklaces! we r doin beachwedding...casual with bikinis ans sarongs mayhbe. i wanna wear necklace made of seashells but more dressy,cant find it so far.
Stephanie

Posted: May 22, 2007 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My Dress is halter style so i 'm not wearing a necklace.  I am going to be wearing a nice pair of earings and the tiara is going to be more elaborate (sp). it does depend on the style of your dress. if you are going for strapless or something with little straps or off the shoulder i would go for a necklace.

Posted: May 26, 2007 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am not wearing a necklace, I don't like necklaces.

Posted: May 30, 2007 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You need to try it all ways, including your hairstyle.  Get opinions of people with style sense too, not just anyone.  I bought my jewelry on line at www.moonriverpearls.com and their bridal person was so helpful.  I ordered several styles to try on and loved them all but did return 2 of them keeping the third.  I ended up buying all my bridesmaids jewelry from them.  They were amazing and I got 20% off my first order to boot.  Good luck. 

Posted: Jun 11, 2007 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think it depends on what you are wearing. I'll be wearing the perfect diamond pendant. I did not take a picture of it but here is the link,you can check it out.

http://www.skyfacet.com/product-diamond-pendant.php?id=110

Vingnir Posts : 154 Registered: 9/29/06
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH bought a necklace and bracelet set for me to wear on the day.  I don't wear earrings.

I will wait to try them with the dress and veil when I get them before I decide.

Samala Posts : 561 Registered: 12/19/06
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Vingnir

My friends keep telling me I am going to blind everyone when I walk in the church. I am wearing a tiara, necklace, earings, bracelett, and my dress sparkles and so does my veil.

LOL I am like that though. I do elaborate jewelry for more casual events so everyone knows I am going to make an impact for my wedding.

:)

.:Samala:.

Can't wait till September 15, 2007!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine