Moss green bridesmaids dresses & a nice bride's bouquet!

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Miryam Posts : 9 Registered: 3/12/07
Moss green bridesmaids dresses & a nice bride's bouquet!
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 8:42 PM

Hi, Im getting married in October this year, my wedding dress is white, and I picked a moss green for the bridesmaids dresses.  I was thinking that would be nice if my bouquet "match" the green of my bridal party dresses, In a magazine I saw a green Hydrangea flower bouquet, but I dont' want my bouqet looks like a lettuce with a stick on it!!, so I was thinking on add some 'touch of color'.  What color would look nice with something like that?  Or do you have any ideas for bridal bouquets that match green dresses??

Re: Moss green bridesmaids dresses & a nice bride's bouquet!
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: Miryam

ivy and white roses, if i find pic i'll post.

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: Miryam

Hartley Posts : 139 Registered: 2/8/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: Miryam

A bouquet with some green orchids would look amazing, too.  Green orchids

kittyfk Posts : 119 Registered: 2/18/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: Hartley

I love the orchids! 

I'll tell you my honest opinion, if you don't mind.  I am determined to use ivy in my bouquet and decorations.  I started looking around for bridesmaids dresses and saw a moss that my MOH likes but I don't really think goes too well with ivy.  I like these orchids because they seem like a "warm" green to me while ivy seems like a "cool" green.  And I think of moss as a warm green, at least the moss I saw.  That said, I will probably bring some ivy with me when we go to the dress store and I may change my mind.  We may have seen different moss or our computers might look different.  That's just my two cents though.  People have such different tastes! 

When I think of moss tones, I think of ferns and maybe eucalyptus (sp?), at least I think that's what I'm picturing.  But maybe it is "bluer" than I recall.

Good luck, I'd be interested in knowing what you end up with!!!

kittyfk Posts : 119 Registered: 2/18/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: kittyfk

or ti leaves like these??  I found this on a goodle image search.  The pic was called "fo ti leaves" which might mean "faux" but pressumably the real thing would look like this too.

Posted: Mar 13, 2007 9:29 AM Go to message in response to: kittyfk

My friends florist came up with a great idea for her wedding - if the bridesmaids get their dresses altered have the seamstress save the extra material.  The florist can use this material to wrap the bouquet stems in place of ribbon and that way it matches perfectly!

here are a few beautiful bouquets... i think if you mix the green with some white it'll look beautiful

green roses

Kate carried a bouquet of creamy white and pale green calla lilies, hand-tied with ivory ribbon.

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Personally, I LOVE the look of the 1st bouquet that mrshowardtobe posted.  I think it's beautiful and would look great!  Here are some other bouquets that I think would be options...

Yuuko‘s bridesmaids carried a smaller version of her pink and white bouquet.The interior of the mansion was already full of character so Evie and Kent merely added a few touches. Evie‘s mom created all of the centerpieces, using white and pink ranunculus. The bride carried a simple, large bouquet of ivory ranunculus.Jaimie‘s all-white bouquet was filled with fragrant blossoms including lily of the valley and roses.The first time Kim saw her bouquet, "I was actually speechless," she says. The bride‘s bouquet consisted of roses and hydrangea, while her maids carried similar (but smaller) bouquets of purple, ivory and green blooms.Kelly carried an all-white bouquet of gardenias, hydrangeas, and stephanotis down the aisle, while her bridesmaids‘ bouquets consisted of pink hydrangeas, pink lisianthus, and white freesia."My favorite flower is the hydrangea," says Pamela. Appropriately, her bouquet showcased white hydrangeas with lemon-leaf collar, with stems wrapped in pink double-faced satin ribbon.Jennifer and Walter‘s flowers included cymbidium and dendrobium orchids, ivory and cream roses, pale green hydrangeas, peonies, lilies, and viburnum.Allison‘s all-white bouquet was made up of peonies, dahlias, and roses."Absolutely stunning!" Brittany says. She carried a bouquet of orchids, peonies, and parrot tulips. Mike‘s boutonniere was an orchid -- and both the bouquet and the boutonniere were accented with green hypericum berries that looked like coffee berries, a nod to the groom‘s love of coffee and one of his first jobs (he started his career working for Starbucks).The bridesmaid bouquets were smaller bunches of magenta peonies and lily grass.Made entirely of pale green cymbidium orchids, the modern arrangement was wrapped with a chocolate ribbon with button detailing. "I didn‘t want the flowers to detract from the beauty of the setting," Jill says.Laralyn‘s bouquet was mostly made up of large, green cymbidium orchids, the main flower used throughout the wedding.A bouquet of pink-edged Esperance roses added a splash of color to the bride‘s gown.“Oh gosh, did we hit the jackpot with our florist!” Elisabeth says. “I encouraged her to really express herself as an artist as long as it fit somewhat within my desired specifications -- all green florals with lots of moss and natural materials. What she gave me was truly amazing.”Leigh carried a bouquet of cream hydrangeas, calla lilies, and daisies along with a hint of color from pale pink roses and green berries.Amy and her florist imagined a “Night Garden” theme for the bouquets and arrangements. “We wanted a soft, natural elegance with multiple textures and fragrances,” she explains.“I didn’t want roses –– I only wanted wildflowers,” says Ashley. Her bridal bouquet was a natural gathering of pink lisianthus, pale pink Nerine lilies, hot pink Acapulco lilies, and green hosta leaves. The bridesmaids carried three pink peonies gathered with green ribbon that matched their dresses.Roses were the bloom of the day. “The flowers reflected bright, celebratory, late-summer colors: orange, hot pink, and bright green,” Kerry says.Dawn carried a bouquet of white calla lilies, tuberose, and striped hosta leaves.Emily carried white and green hydrangeas, lady’s mantle, and cymbidium orchids.Dina carried bright pink and green blooms of pink peonies, Jade and pink spray roses, green cymbidium orchids, and green hydrangeas.Dina‘s maids carried similar bouquets to the bride‘s, but shades of apple green.Amy’s bouquet contained more than two dozen lavender, light green and cream roses.Janel‘s bouquet was a combination of blue hydrangeas, light blue delphinium, and creamy roses.Mimi‘s bridesmaids held orchid-filled bouquets, which lent an exotic flair to the otherwise classic event. The bouquets coordinated nicely with the deep red bridesmaid dresses.The bridesmaids‘ peppy, preppy hues were set off by the brilliant bouquets -- pink peonies, ranunculuses, and roses for the bride and even bolder arrangements of parrot tulips, hydrangeas, peonies, and roses for the maids.Amy‘s bouquet was made up of cream and green cymbidium orchids and cream Vendela roses.Since Jen studies plants, she didn’t used to have a specific favorite flower. So when Neil asked her what sort she liked one day, she blurted out “tulips.” These simple blooms inspired a springtime motif for their wedding, with the couple choosing a periwinkle blue theme to complement the natural whites and greens of spring. Jen carried an oversize bouquet of rich white tulips.The bouquets, boutonnieres, and floral centerpieces featured a variety of burgundy and orange mini calla lilies, roses, tulips, and tuberoses.The couple gave their florist Brenda Cornelisse a color scheme but otherwise let her have creative freedom. Their trust paid off: “The flowers looked incredible, more perfect than I could have imagined.”Because Lauren’s parents own a flower shop in Westerville, she had free rein in floral design, and the dozens of lush blooms proved to be the highlight of the day. Lauren and her bridesmaid carried soft pink and white peonies.Melody carried a bouquet of ivory flowers with green leaves. The flowers of the day were hydrangeas, roses, mini calla lilies, and orchids.Jodie’s seven bridesmaids each carried bouquets of green cymbidium orchids with green hypericum berries. The bouquets were tied off with a chocolate-brown ribbon.

Nicole carried an all-white bouquet of gardenias, which the florist embellished with a crystal-accented handle to match the embellishment of her Reem Acra gown. KiKi’s seven bridesmaids held bouquets of yellow tulips -- KiKi’s favorite. Each bouquet was wrapped with yellow gingham ribbon.Although Linda’s heart was originally set on stargazer lilies, her florist suggested ivory French tulips, which turned out to be a versatile choice. Linda and her bridesmaids carried simple, elegant bouquets of tulips, which were also used in the groomsmen’s boutonnieres.Cathy’s monobotanical bouquet of calla lilies gave off a sense of nostalgia and tribute -- the blossoms she chose were the same ones her mother had carried in her wedding bouquet. Incorporating the pink and white color scheme, the flower girl carried snow-white calla lily blossoms and pink cymbidium orchids.Jennifer and her bridesmaids carried gorgeous green bouquets comprised of cymbidium orchids, bonsai eucalyptus, and plumosa.“I carried white dendrobium orchids, although the common element among the flowers was the lime-colored hydrangea,” Courtney says. Each bridesmaid bouquet consisted of lime hydrangeas and a different white summery bloom.The bouquets were made up entirely of white, blush, and pink peonies."My flowers were gorgeous -- creamy white peonies, amaryllis, and blown-open old-fashioned roses," Lisa says. "All of the bouquets were tied with mocha brown satin ribbon."Robinson’s Flowers created Mandy’s bouquet, a nosegay of white roses. The bridesmaids held smaller nosegays of green roses.

The bridesmaids carried bouquets composed of Black Beauty roses, black Schwartz roses, and lime green cymbidium orchids.

Posted: Mar 13, 2007 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Miryam

Here is a picture of my bouquet for my wedding this Saturday, has a nice mixture of green flowers, I thought it would look bad having plain old green flowers but I am really pleased with how it looks like it will turn out!

Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine