November 07 Brides!!!!!!!!

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
November 07 Brides!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jan 1, 2007 5:45 PM

I was just wondering what have you done so far and what colors you have chosen all those nice details about your special day.

Share please, i feel like i am so behind and have not really done anything.

Cant wait to read all the fun stuff!

November 4th 2007-will be marrying my love!

Re: November 07 Brides!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jan 2, 2007 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married the day before you! Let's see, what have I done thus far?  I'm kind of an over planner so:

We obviously picked our date. 

Our colors are chocolate brown and gold.

I bought my dress (in my profile). 

I bought my veil (style # 424 from Davids Bridal)

I have my BM's... and I want them to wear seperates (gold and brown) from DB's..

Our wedding ceremony will take place outside on a patio outside of our ballroom.  The guests will be facing a prettty lake with fountain....

For our cocktail hour, we will have a steel drum player... butler passed hors d'ourves (sp?).  Followed by a sit down meal...

We have 120 guests invited....

Right now, I'm working on my save the date which I'm making myself.  I'll be sending the ones going out of the country really soon so I'm really excited about that.  I have plans to finalize the linens, decorating rentals and flowers this month. 

I can't believe we're getting married THIS year woooo hoooo!

November 3, 2007 I marry my best friend!

Posted: Jan 2, 2007 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh wow you obviously have done so much.  Amazing! To be honest with you i am panicking cause i am still trying to choose our wedding colors.  have been looking around for BMs dresses and even my dress.........but have not picked out anyting yet. I love your colors those are nice. how many bridesmaids do you have?

do you think time is going on slow for you? we will probably be booking our reception site like in february or so.......we figure our wedding is on a sunday and most people dont get married that day.  hope all goes well....what is slowing me down is that he officially has to ask my dad for my hand in marriage and all.......uuuggghhh! so gotta wait for that but ihave an idea of the things i want and would like to do.

atleast you only have 120guests......we are looking like at about 400...yeah!!

yeah we are getting married this year!!!!!!! yeah

Posted: Jan 2, 2007 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are getting married November 10, 2007.  I have to admit I'm a little ahead of schedule I think.  We got engaged in September and I got a lot done right away. 

So far we have the date (obviously), the church booked and paid, the reception site booked, the DJ, the florist (I have an appointment there on Friday to talk about what I want), the photographer for our wedding/engagement photos, my dress (which is already in), the tuxes, and the bridesmaid dresses picked out.  Oh and we just ordered everything this week to start putting together the favors. 

I would rather have everything done way in advance than waiting until the last minute.  That's just the way I work or I get stressed out.  My main color is red and I am not really sure what other colors I will be using at this point, but I am thinking ivory and fall colors.  I'll just have to see what the florist can show me and maybe get more ideas from there.

Good luck with all of your planning!  What really helped me is getting a wedding planner binder from Barnes and Noble to give me an idea when I should have things done by.  I'm starting to get really excited even though it is still months away.  The first thing I said after we kissed at midnight on New Years Eve was "We're getting married this year!!!!"

Posted: Jan 3, 2007 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's exactly what I said at like 12:00 and 3 seconds lol. 

I'm the same way..I'd rather have plenty of time than be stressed and rushing at the last  minute.  On Friday I'm going to make a final prototype of my save the date which goes out so soon! So excited.  I'll post them in Invitation Stationary as soon as I have the final one... FH is supposed to be working on making the words fit in the space. 

Posted: Jan 3, 2007 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'd love to see your Save the Dates.  I can't decide if I want to do that or just an announcement in the paper.  Probably whichever one ends up being cheaper.  How soon will you send out your Save the Dates?

Posted: Jan 3, 2007 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I decided on save the dates for 2 reasons.  1, I have a lot of out of town guests, and I want them to have plenty of time to plan.  If I just tell them, I know them, I'll get 20 phone calls asking "When was your wedding again?" #2, I have a cousin who wants to get married on my wedding day SO I kind of have to beat her to the punch, and I'm sure she won't send save the dates because in my culture, it's kind of on heard of.

I'm sending out my "out of country " save the dates at the 8 month mark.  I have people coming from Puerto Rico and Mexico.  Those in Mexico will need time to make sure they have any necessary paperwork to come into the country. 

My out of state guests will get save the dates at around the 6 month mark.  Locals, around 4 months.

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

*Hey im new to this site and found ur post and im also a NOV. bride!!!! Were getting married on the 10th and im pretty much in the same boat as u haha! I mean i have thought about stuff but nothing is set in stone by anymeans haha! Ive thought about colors and ive been thinking maybe pink,brown and white but not sure still...AHHHH....so maybe we can help each other haha!!&
RaCHeLLe LyNN

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hie

WELCOME to tthe boards!  well, well so you are a week after me....but wait we might even have our wedding like the 11th of November so it will be after you.........yeah!!! well i guess me and you can really keep in touch since we just have not set anything in stone yet. but i did get to pick the girls dresses even though i have not located a store that carries them.........and would you happen to know what color is blush or how it looks like? my sister was thinking its a shade of pink?? the dresses are from Saison Blanche.......dont know how much they are yet but look very expensive.

does anyone know how much they are from Saison Blanche like the price range??

how many people are you looking to invite?  lets keep in touch......

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think part of the reason I am leaning more toward the newspaper announcement is because most of our guests are in town and it is going to be a cheaper option for us as well.  Good luck with finishing them up - just think you get to send them out soon!
I can't believe I'm getting married this year!

Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey November brides - how are things going?  What have you done lately?  I did all of the favors this past weekend.  We also picked out our invitations, but didn't order them yet.  I also ordered the guest book, pen, flower girl basket and cake topper.  I'm feeling really good about where we are in the planning stages right now.  :)  Hope all of the rest of you are too.

I can't believe I'm getting married this year!

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Things have come to a screeching halt... between school and work issues that I'm having, I haven't had time to do anything.  I did make almost all the international save the dates, that I want to send out really soon.  And we managed to go to the country club and go over a lot of details so that's good.   Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get the rest of the save the dates finished so I can send them out at the 6 month mark. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine