September 2007 Brides????

Online Users: 1,233 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28
Re: September 2007 Brides????
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi!! We are planning to be married on Sept. 22nd. Our colors are going to be Red, black and gold. I have found the perfect dress but it is WAY to expensive but I found the same one on ebay for way less. Still contemplating. I know we will be having about 150 guests. I am starting to think we should elope!!!!

Posted: Jan 30, 2007 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

September 22 is when i am getting married...  I think the hardest part i have came across is the whole color scheme... being a fall color, and i like brighter colors, it's been hard... i finally setteled today for a blue-velvet color i know isn't not much of a fall color, but its going to look beautiful!!

Good Luck!  make sure you start planning early, especailly with your dress, might have to order and can take up to 20 weeks to get in to some stores.

Posted: Jan 31, 2007 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm a Sept 1 bride - the most important item to start with is booking your reception hall, lots of places already have 2007 weekends completely booked! I got the last Saturday in 2007 that was available at my hall, it's crazy! Once you have the hall, you can get into the other details - the dress, the bridesmaids dresses, etc.  

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Look at all the september brides here! I'm Sept. 29. There's another sept 2007 thread under wedding receptions if you guys are interested in looking there... but it looks like there are more of you here!

FH and I got engaged July 17, 2007, my late father's birthday, so that was very special to because I didn't even know FH remembered what that day was. We originally wanted to have the wedding in April, but we realized we wouldn't have nearly enough money. So we opted for the early fall when the weather is still pretty nice (we live in Southern Wisconsin, so we have to think about the unpredictability of snow), but its not right in the middle of the high wedding season. Anyway, we booked our reception venue first, a botanical garden, the first place we picked and the 29th was the first date available and that was that!

I won't retell the entire story.... its on the other thread if you want... we had some money issues for awhile, but we have finally started saving and we're finally planning things! I just sent off the catering deposit, working on the photo deposit and contract, we booked the DJ and signed the contract and paid the deposit. And I bought my dress last weekend. I'm so excited, I got the whole outfit for under $500. The only outfit related things I have are alterations, which should only be the hem for $75 to $100 and shoes, which I hopefully will use my sister's from her wedding. I'm also wearing the veil my mom made for my sister's wedding... we're starting a family tradition of passing the veil... to each bride. I'm pretty excited about that part.

I'm going to do fake flowers myself. I'm hoping that will end up cheaper... I have a big family and I'd like all family members to have corsages or bouteneers (sp?). We'll see. Anyone have any experience with anything like this yet?

Budget-wise, I finally really crunched some numbers yesterday and I think we may have to cut. But I only included money I know we can count on (what FH and I are saving) and I think we'll have extra because my parents are giving us a little more and we're hoping for a good tax refund. So yeah I keep going back and forth between thinking we can afford everything to not being so sure!

Glad to meet so many september brides. Oh, and one of you said you haven't planned much yet... its OK! You still have 8 months... I have known brides who have put together fabulous weddings in way less time. (Gee don't I make it sound so easy don't I?) But it will work out because you have all of us to lean on and get great advice and tips from.

Posted: Feb 1, 2007 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Southern Wisconsin huh? Me too! You're right about the weather issue. It is cool to find another bride around the area!

Posted: Feb 1, 2007 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Where are you in Wisconsin? I live in Stoughton, but we are moving into Madison as soon as possible because we work and do everything in Madison. I couldn't believe it when it snowed here in early October! I just hope we don't have a frost before Sept. 29, because the garden is the whole reason we're having our reception there!

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 2:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are set for Sept 8 '07 (yep thats 09-08-07).  Everything is set and ready to go.  We're down to stationary/invites, finalizing the menu, music preferences and tux selection.  We are having a medieval style wedding (think Princess Bride!)  I am so excited that the only time I am ever truly calm is while doing yoga!  Like I keep saying "It's one day than we'll have forever and a day!"  If we can only remember to breath walking down the aisle we'll all be ok!  Tish 

brideofchamberlin

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello,

I am 9/9/07 same as spangled. We are having 180 ppl..about 30 people over our original amoutn of ppl...We have just about everything done...waiting is the hardest part. our colors are a mixture od Burnt orange, brown, deep reds, and maybe a hint of yellow in the flowers....Daisy's are the theme...they are my fav flower and luckily for us..cheap.....i am still undecided on table arrangements....the reception place is BEAUTIFUL and really doesnt need that much...I am thinking lots of candles and maybe some petals....i wanted to do somethign different and have a crafty station or something else for the guests to do...i am just running out of ideas....and invitations is another battle....IS it really possible to DIY on them? has anyone else done their own or are you planning too?

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

I live in Racine. Just south of Milwaukee. The weather really does play a part with the flowers so I think I am going silk and doing them myself. There is a beautiful rose garden here I thought about getting married at (my parents were married there), but with the waether around here I went with the church!

Posted: Feb 6, 2007 8:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Same here with the garden... we're having our reception at a botanical garden, but we're doing the ceremony at a church, mainly because it is cheaper, but also because the ceremony garden wasn't available until late October, and by then, we won't be having an outside wedding.

OK girls, I am so excited. I went out browsing today to look at silk flowers and other craft-related stuff. And while I'm still stumped on flowers, I stumbled onto a great and CHEAP centerpiece idea.

Tell me what you think of this: I'm envisioning a circular vase (4-inch) with a flared out opening, and filling the vase halfway with polished shones or marbles in green and sticking a votive candle on top. I guess it doesn't sound as good as how I see it in my mind, but does that sound OK? I'm a little worried about a 4-inch vase being small for the table (standard round 8-person table)... I may have to find something to put around them, but I think this will work. And to do 24 centerpieces I think will cost around $50!

One think I just thought of though, would I need some sort of holder to put the candle in, or could I just put it on the rocks? And I'm also torn about whether votives or tealights would be better. Ideas?

Posted: Feb 6, 2007 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

What if you put some water in with the stones and used floating candles? That might be pretty.

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi everyone! 09/08/07 wedding here! Congrats on all your engagements and exciting wedding plans. 

My question for all of you is how much time to leave between the church and the reception???  I'd love to be able to take pictures in between and also attend the entire reception (cocktail hour too) ! but what are the guests supposed to do during that time??? Am I being selfish???  Innocent

Does anyone know if there is a timeline rule of thumb???

Thanks for your thoughts - Happy planning ahead!!

Kiss

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, I am gettig married Sept 15, 2007...  I can give you alot of ideas.  What state do you live in?  I am in California.  Let me know and we will chat.  Robin

Sept22Bride Posts : 65 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Feb 8, 2007 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey everyone! I'm a Sept. 22 bride! 

So far, this is what I have done:

Ceremony / Reception site (same place)

Officiant, DJ, Florist, Pastry Chef, Chef. Bought my dress!! (comes in April) Made my save the date cards (will be sending those out this month). 

My brides maids will probably order their dress this month too! :)

My only tip, is to find a place as soon as you can, then you can maybe choose your colors and stuff after that. You don't want your colors clashing with their decor. Also, find out approx. how many people you're going to have, so when you do find a ceremony / reception place, you'll know if it's big enough.

Shannon & Paul ~ 09/22/07

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine