December 2006 brides...

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 12

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
December 2006 brides...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:30 AM

I am getting married December 2007, and I would love to hear some of your ideas for decorations. 

Re: December 2006 brides...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

December 16th, 2006. We are doing white on white with a bright blue topaz color. linens are white, chair covers are white, napkins are white, etc. Our centerpieces are white candles in hurricane vases and a white feather boa wrapped around the bottom. We have blue swarovski crystals peaking out of the feathers to give it a hint of sparkle and color. we are also lightly sprinkling shimmery confetti on the tables to give it a fresh snow feel. We have a retro 1950's style silver Christmas tree we are going to put in the corner for wedding gifts and a wrapped box to place underneath for cards. We have blue ornaments to hang from the tree and silver blown glass bulbs to hang from sheer organza ribbons from the chandeliers. My fiance works at a nursery and he has been finding dead trees for me with the right shape. We spray painted them to look like they have just been frosted. We are going to pot them and place them around the room  to soften up the "big square room look". We are also going to give them a light coat of glitter to help them sparkle. We have feather wreaths to hang on the doors that people use to enter the reception hall. Our cake is all white with snowflakes on it and a swarovski crystal Christmas tree topper shaped like a snowflake. We have blue vases to put flower arangements in. We will have one large arrangement on the seating card table (My flowers are peonies, stephanotis, and some baby's breath) The baby's breath will fill the pew cones. I saw a picture online of a few large arrangemetns placed outside of a church in pots. They were just full of baby's breath and it looked like a flower arrangement made of fresh snow. So I thought I would go for it with the pew cones. For the rest of the decorations, just LOTS of candles. After trying to give everything an icy wintery look, I still want my guests to feel warm. Oh, and we are creating ice luminaries to line the entry ways outside. Just blocks of ice with tealight candles in them. I'm so excited. I will post pictures for you in two months. I don't do justice to any of my details.

What kind of wedding did you have in mind? A winter theme, a Christmas theme, your own theme? What kind of things do you have planned so far? I still have time to borrow ideas too.. :)

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 11:01 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our theme is winter more focus on ice and snowflakes. My colors are ice blue, white, and silver.  Honestly I don't have much planned.  I am making my own invitations.  White card stock with blue vellum fastened to the front with a snowflake brad.  Or at least that is what I am thinking right now. I have given my mom full range on the programs.  My dress is ordered.  My bridesmaids dresses have been decided on.  I haven't the faintest clue about flowers.  For favors my aunt and cousin are doing CDs.  I haven't decided if I want all love songs or maybe some CDs with love songs and others with Christmas songs.  Luckily I still have 14 months.  Thanks for the great ideas.

Message was edited by ChrissLady on Oct 13, 2006 11:02 AM

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

My wedding is December 16th of this year. I have booked a reception hall with working fireplace and candles lining the walls a large decorated Christmas tree and holly and balasm garland all over and on the fireplace. We also have mini (3 foot) fiberoptic holly berry christmas trees for tables and bare spots (to cover electric wires and what not) We will also have white christmas and holly berry shaped christmas lights in different places.

The tables will have bowls (on pedestals),  of water filled with floating candles and cranberries sitting on a mirror with holly, balsam and sparkly snowflakes. We will have white tables clothes with cranberry red runners going down the middle. The favors are frosted Christmas balls (red and green) with the wedding date and our names on them in red and green bags which will decorate the area too.

My church is already decorated with lots of candles, wreaths and pontsettias so I am not worried about decorating that space.

This is all I can think of right now...

Here are all the pics I could find, hope it helps:

the centerpiece:

my cape to keep warm:

The holly lights (I got the lights and the trees at the after Christmas sale at Target):

balls:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10710;108/st/20061216/e/My+Wedding/k/61fb/event.png">>

img

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

My mum and I made our invites with card stock(half red,  half green) with holly paper on top, with velum tied to the back with red ribbon for half and green the other. I am going to use the Christmas Cannon (holiday version of Packabells(cannot spell) Cannon), have you heard it I think it is so beautiful as well as the celtic harp version of Greensleeves.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10710;108/st/20061216/e/My+Wedding/k/61fb/event.png">>

img

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

MrsCase1216 Posts : 158 Registered: 7/12/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh YAY for the Dec. 16th brides!  My family thinks I'm crazy doing this a week before Christmas!  Anyway, we're doing a Navy, white, and silver color scheme; my girls will be in navy and are carrying red roses.  I will have white roses and stephanotis.  On the tables we will have a mirror with a hurricane vase on it with a white candle inside; next to the vase will be 2 red roses.  We are also naming our tables rather than having table numbers (snowflake, Jack Frost, etc.) and they will be navy blue with silver embossed snowflakes with the names on white cardstock.  We will not be having any mention of Christmas at the wedding (though I LOVE the holiday, I want this day to be ours, not a reminder of the following week) so we don't have anything except what may be at the church as far as that goes (but I LOVED the idea of having the Christmas tree for presents!!).  Our invitations are white cardstock with an overlay of white vellum and a silver ribbon; our favors will be our "place cards" because they're actually small boxes of chocolates labeled with a silver label with the name.  That's all I can think of right now... except that I can't believe it's only 2 months away!! 

Posted: Oct 15, 2006 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our wedding like so many is December 16th of this year.  Our colors are cream and dark red.  Im using dark red hydrangeas and cream roses for our flowers.  Our church is already going to be decorated with white light christmas trees and lots of red and cream pointsettas *lucky me*  We are putting glass hurricane candle holders in each window of the church.  lining the space between the glass and tall candle will be red rose petals that Im going to spray with an adhesive and use "diamond fill" to coat (makes them look like they are covered in ice!! find it at any craft store)  Lots of simple things like that  :)  I love the other ideas you all have!!  What a bunch of great December weddings!!

Posted: Oct 16, 2006 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Dec 3ist Our colors are gold, champagne, and a mix of reds. WE're having poinsetta and ice sculptures and gold filligree around the wine glasses...dark ferns for contrast with the flowers...and yes, I love Christmas, so even though my fiance thinks its tacky we're having a Christmas tree- all lights and gold and silver ribbon and gold and silver glass balls on it..so pretty! It's classy enough for me!

LaughingLove, TorLaughing

Our WEDDING WEBSITE:

http://vittoriaandedvard.weddings.com

Posted: Oct 17, 2006 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

Our wedding is December 29th. My colors are mostly hunter green and white. The BM dresses are hunter green. Our centerpieces are going to be 3 pillar candles of different heights in hunter green and white on red plates, with some holly or leaf decorations stuck around the candles on the plates. Our church is going to be decorated in white and red poinsettias. BMs will have white flowers and my flowers will be white and red, I really like the cascading bouquets. Here is a photo of my dress and what I would like my flowers to look like

Posted: Oct 17, 2006 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

I just saw that you said you were doing white and blue so I wanted to add this website for you to check out. If you go to http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/specialty/ and then click on winterbio2 there are some great photos of blue/white flowers, cute save the dates, and even some snowflake cakes!!!

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: ChrissLady

Well, I am already married, but I just saw these cute favors from Crate & Barrel (www.crateandbarrel.com).  They are snowflake clear glass votive candle holders.  And, they are only $0.95 each!  They would make great party favors or table decorations I think.  You should check them out at least.  They're not huge, but they're almost 5" in diameter, so they are a nice size for a votive holder.

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 6, 2006 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

Also, check out www.save-on-crafts.com.  I just saw these cute ornaments that you can fill with something.

See the clear glass ornaments and more at discount prices

If you buy a case you can get these for only $0.33 each.  Maybe fill them with something for cute decorations?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine