Flowers to use in a Spring camo wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Flowers to use in a Spring camo wedding
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 11:18 AM

Ok first of all I wanted to use daisy's. Umm is that gonna look ok. I wanted a country wedding but we had a problem with a gm not wanting to wear boots and a cowboy hat. So we changed to a full tux and camo vest and ties. What flowers would go with this?I like yellow roses and daisy's.  Someone told me sunflowers. It is in April and I know camo is winter and fall but how do i make it a sping wedding.  

AlohaAroha Posts : 686 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Flowers to use in a Spring camo wedding
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

What is camo?

Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:57 AM Go to message in response to: AlohaAroha

camoflauge "hunting wear"

Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Good question!

I am getting married May 5, 2007, so I really want to play on the season and my colors and celedon (similar to sage) and ivory, so I would love to know what type of flowers would be spring like.

7 MONTHS LEFT UNTIL I MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!!!!!

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Pink would look good with Camo colors.  Pink, camo green, brown, white, ivory, etc.  It all looks nice together.  It would be a great Spring color too.  You can use peonies, roses, tulips, calla lillies, etc.  Many flowers are available in Spring.  My personal favorite are peonies.

Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What goes with camo? Why, blaze orange of course! Laughing Sorry, it's early deer season here, and I've got hunting on the brain! Seriously though, orange would be a good color and tulips couldn't scream SPRING any louder.

If you want yellow roses and daisies, this looks pretty spring-like to me.

Queen for a day, King for a lifetime!

Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am still looking for centerpieces ideas. Someone told me about using fresh flowers and putting them a galvinized tin pail. What do you think? SOmeone told me also to put them in baskets. I am not sure if i like the basket idea they are round tables and i don't want the basket to take it all up. I am still trying to decide weather or not to use fresh flowers or silk. What do you think? All my pictures are all going ot be inside. I am wanting to use white daisys and yellow roses and baby's breath. Is there anythign else you might can think of that might go in with it?

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2006 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Since you are in LA, I'm guessing that the wildflowers willl already be out.  I know one girl who just went around the morning of the wedding and picked tons of wildflowers.  You can have people plant them too to be sure you can find some.  I think mixed wildflowers in pails, baskets, and even a wheelbarrow would be lovely.  You can even have those 1/2 barrels planted with wildflowers.  I think that because camo is so close to nature, wildflowers would it quite well. 

In another post you had mentioned yellow roses and daisies.  If you put the roses in the bouquets and such and did just daisies and maybe some allysum for edging (it hangs) it would be simple enough to be elegant, but still country.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine