What are you putting for your FH on your registry?

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 27

MrsC Posts : 385 Registered: 4/7/06
Re: What are you putting for your FH on your registry?
Posted: Jun 12, 2006 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH was VERY interested in the registry.  He was excited to pick out plates, silverwear, and the new linens.  I guess it's because he sees it as us building our new future together. Smile  BUT, he didn't last too long.   I had to go back and finish a few things!  We also registered at Sears for him and Pier One for me!
www.ericandjodi.net

Posted: Jun 12, 2006 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i had FH pick out a coffee maker, coffee grinder and coffee mugs.

i HATE coffee. but i figured he deserved some of the registry:)

i also asked for FH's imput on bedding. i explained to him, you'll have to wake up looking at this stuff for the next 10 years or so, better pick out a color you like. to say the least we now are registered for blue stripes rather than toile or flowers, but it is still very pretty.

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am going to go register with my FMIL later this week. I jumped the gun though and already opened my registry accounts online. I know FH doesn't care about what I get...as long as it isn't pink! hahaha I am a bit concerned about choosing colors and stuff I know he will like (which is one reason I am going with FMIL) but, hey, if worse comes to worst, we can always exchange! :o)

Good luck!

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH loves to cook so he picked the kitchen stuff.  He also picked gadgets (DVD players, alarm clocks, etc.), the "as seen on TV aisle was a big thing for him, car cleaning accessiories, and Soprano's DVD seasons rounded out his picks. 

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Haha, I must be the only one with an FH who actually cared about the china.  He appreciates nice things, and he'll definitely appreciate what i cook in our fancy new cookware with our fancy new knives.  Getting him to go in the first place, however, was an entirely different story.  He thought you just signed up for a store and people just shopped for whatever at that store!  He didn't realize you had to go and pick things out so you got an actual list!  hehehe, boys are silly. Wink

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello ladies!

You should look into registering for your honeymoons!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - you can go to tahiti, figi, scotland, paris, rome......

And your guests can send you there. On our registry, FH asked for scuba diving and a jeep safari around the island of bora bora.  Yes, it really is possible - try    thebigday.com. free personal url and website for your guests to view. Entire honeymoons broken down into gift size pieces. a night on the town, or in the village (haha), with an iced champagne bucket waiting in the room when you get back, a picnic lunch on a private island you have been brought to for the day. The big one on our registry is a traditional French Polynesian wedding on a private island and a party with food and dancers. Yes ladies this is the route to go - do you need more stuff? I don't know about you, but I have more "stuff" than I need. What I need is a vacation on a heavenly island to kick off our wedded bliss. You can't go wrong with this choice, he will be far happier with this type of registry, and I am betting, so will you. Even your guests will love it when they receive a Thank You note with a photo of you and hubby enjoying the adventure they have helped to create for you. got to take a look into this, but beware of service charges, that's why I chose thebigday.com, over a certain amount there are no service charges whatsoever. This definitly beats a house full of stuff, it's two hearts full of loving memories.

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

We haven't registered or anything (Still plenty of time for that) But we talked about stuff. My FH could care less about china, but he feels very strongly about the color beige. Everything he picks out is beige. We're trying to come to a inbetween point, because everything can't be beige. I wish he liked to cook more. I asked for a pot set and he just figures its so I'll have an easier time cooking.

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

He wanted Uno ... he got his uno ... LOL

We went to do the registry thing together. So he get to pick out his stuff too like a tent and camping stuff that actally will last more than 2 trips, a good stuff. He registered for stuff for his car too and also some sporting goods. Of course we have normal stuff like china and kitchen ware, but those are not the only thing we need. We are both very happy with our list.

Posted: Aug 14, 2006 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

My FH loves to cook so that was easy to register for those things.  We are both LOVING the cookbooks and kitcheny things we got at the shower.

We also registered at REI because we love hiking/camping/skiing, etc, and so far we got a GPS, binoculars and some cookwear for camping.  Very cool :)  And it makes us both very happy!

K

www.wineandvows.com

misses Posts : 91 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Aug 27, 2006 4:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also started a registry at home depot for my FH. I put the first couple of items, then showed him, now he updates it daily. I also added alot of grilling accessories to my registries because he loves to barbeque.

Posted: Aug 28, 2006 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH was very involved in the registry process, which I was happy about. One thing we couldn't agree on was square table settings. He likes the square and I'm afraid that I will be tired of it soon. But, I found some square china that I fell in love with so that's our "good" stuff and then round for everyday dishes.

futureMrsD Posts : 155 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Strangley enough my FH has gotten all obsessed with our lawn so he wanted to register for things like a weed whacker and an edger.  I never would have thought of it, but they're great ideas!  Another thing we were happy we thought of (but I doubt anyone will actually get for us) is bed pillows.  You know how nasty pillows get from being slep on night after night, and what better time than now to start with fresh pillows?!

AlohaAroha Posts : 686 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:21 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

I so agree with the pillows thing!  There is no luxury as nice as new down pillows. 

We put a power drill and a hammer and screwdrivers on our registry....but we both knew they were for me!

DH got a toaster (an appliance I never use), an eggbeater (an appliance he never uses, but it means I can make him chocolate mousse, so it was HIS present).  He also got a blender which he never uses, but LOVES due to some wierd reference to wrestling and a woman named Elizabeth.

I guess what makes your fiance happy depends on him!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine