If he doesn't ask me soon I'm gonna freak!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33
Re: If he doesn't ask me soon I'm gonna freak!
Posted: Jun 5, 2006 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sorry, one more comment....I haven't read through all of the posts yet, so maybe the answer is out there.  But....did your boyfriend actually propose to you?  Did he say...blank name will you marry me?  And you did you respond with a yes?  If not, then you are not engaged.  The ring has nothing to do with being engaged...you don't need a ring to be engaged.  And you don't need a ring to plan a wedding or set a date.  But, he does have to asked the question...will your marry me.  Otherwise, he hasn't proposed and you aren't engaged.  To me, just talking about getting married, talking about a timeline or shopping for rings, doesn't count as being engaged.  It just means it's a possibility and we are on the same page as far as wanting to get married. 

Posted: Jun 5, 2006 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think you were paying attention to this thread.  I am engaged, please see the post before your first.  And yes I am planning my wedding for Oct.  Oh and yes, when I say I am engaged he did get on a knee and ask me to marry him and give me a ring.  Do you approve?

Posted: Jun 7, 2006 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm going to have to disagree with ncmk.  I'm definately engaged... we've gone to caterer's tastings, visited halls, picked out colors, saving money, have budget, picked a date etc.... I do not as of yet have a ring.  My FH never actually said "Will you  marry me?" We kind of drifted into it.  "We'll get married one day" turned into "We'll get married in 2 years" turned into "I guess we should start saving money" turned into "How's March of '08"  There wasn't any big proposal.... but there's no doubt, we are engaged.

storm0075 Posts : 416 Registered: 7/9/06
Posted: Jul 10, 2006 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I too am in a similar boat. We have the date, we have the honeymoon planned, we have discussed the reception ideas.But I do not have a ring yet. When we decided on a date I started looking. We are moving in together next year and planning to marry the following year. I am not nagging him and figure that he will pick the perfect time. In the meantime I will continue planning my wedding and wait for him to ask. I think many long term couples start to plan the wedding long before they get "officially" engaged. So don't get discouraged anyone who hasn't been "officially" asked and let nature take it's course or your FH ;)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine