October 2006??

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 30
Re: October 2006??
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 8:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm another October 6, 2007 bride!  Getting married in Maryland, and have so far only booked the ceremony and reception site (same place).  Congrats to you for finding your photographer and dj already!  I keep looking, but find it difficult to make a decision with so many options out there!  As for flowers, I saw some really beautiful arrangements made with dahlias and want to make this the main flower in my bouquet.  They come in all kinds of fall-ish colors, and I really liked the shape.  Also, I found this article in a Martha Stewart wedding mag about how to do tissue paper flowers.  The pictures were so pretty I went right out and tried it myself.  Although I felt kind of silly and juvenile, the flowers came out looking just like dahlias!  I alternated red and orange tissue paper, folded them acccordian-style, tied a wire around the middle, and cliped the edges into points.  Then I just gently pulled the pieces apart and done!  I thought they would make an easy and cheap decoration, and everyone who has seen them absolutely loves them.  The article also included more labor intensive instructions for petals and leaves, but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.  Other (real) flowers in my fall-themed boquet include gladiolus, orange montbretia, cockscomb, clover, and copper echinacea.  Sorry, I feel like I'm babbling, but this is my first post online and I felt the need to reach out to someone who is getting married the same day as me!  Good luck my October 6th sister!

Message was edited by wonderbride on Jun 24, 2006 8:36 AM

Message was edited by wonderbride on Jun 24, 2006 8:38 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine