Song for Wedding Party to walk into reception?

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25
Song for Wedding Party to walk into reception?
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:17 AM

I am trying to find a fun, up-beat song to have our wedding party walk into the reception hall when they are announced.  I am soo tired of the silly sports song that starts " aaand NOW! Your starting line-up"  It's been done too many times.

I know this is going to sound silly, but does anyone know what song was played on American Idol at the beginning of this season.  I remember them playing when they had chosen the top 20 or whatever.  It goes something like "clap your hand, everybody clap your hands" 

And also looking for a song for us to walk into.  maybe Pink's "Get the Party Started" or Black Eyed Peas song

Re: Song for Wedding Party to walk into reception?
Posted: May 11, 2006 5:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're using Pinks "get the party started"

Posted: May 11, 2006 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was thinking Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim.  It's the song that Christopher Walken was in the video for.

Message was edited by nynje on May 11, 2006 12:02 PM

Posted: May 11, 2006 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How about Beyonce's "Crazy in Love"?  The wedding party could come in during the part with the big horn section.  If you aren't crazy about the lyrics, the horn introduction is pretty cool.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 11, 2006 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

LoL we're using Let me clear my throat by Dj Kool...  We totally want everyone to have a good time, and we figure what better way to get the party started then by using a song like this that will probably make everyone laugh...

Posted: May 11, 2006 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are using ACDC/Thunderstruck.  My fiance is a White Sox fan, besides that, the beginning of the song is so fun!

Posted: May 12, 2006 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have been thinking about this for the last couple days its so hard cause i to want it to be fun and upbeat... right now i am thinkig maybe the blues brothers song soul man and have the guys come in with the blue brothers black glasses..i think everyone will get a kick out of it and all generations will understand lol.... hope that helps good luck its such a hard decision!

Posted: May 12, 2006 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey girls...there are all kinds of new crazy things to do on this board now!! 

Anyway, we are using Nights On Broadway by the BeeGees for the Wedding Party entrance and either "It Takes Two" by Rob Base or "Let Me Clear My Throat" by DJ Kool like NatSeptBride.  We want the entrances to be comical!  Smile

Posted: May 12, 2006 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

They're coming in to the "Friends" theme.  We're coming in ti either Star Wars theme or Indiana Jones.

Our other idea is to have the parents walk in to the Darth Vader theme.  We think it's funny, mom doesn't.

Message was edited by coneheadsbride on May 21, 2006 10:00 AM

Posted: May 12, 2006 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're deciding between Beyonce's Crazy in Love  or The Friends theme song...  we are both huge Friends fans. 

The other day I was joking around about using the songs "Damn it feels good to be a gansta" (from the movie Office Space), or Smack my bitch up by the Prodigy lol

Posted: May 12, 2006 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love everyone's ideas.  It is really helping me out.  Before I could hardly think of one, now I have tons more to choose from. I like the blues brothers idea, I'm a sucker for props.  I also like the ACDC thunderstruck because our initials once we get married will be AC & DC....

OH, I checked into that Fat Boy Slim song, that is not the one I was thinking of.  Does anyone else have an idea of what that song was.  I remember it was when they narrowed down the people after that "Hollywood Week"  They had the song playing in the background as they were going through each person that had made it thru.  They were all dancing kind of funny as they did the clips of each one of the contestants... Does anyobody know what Im talking about?  .... Im really not an American Idol freak, but for some reason I remember thinking that would be a fun song to use. 

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 13, 2006 4:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOL LindySparkles, I cracked up laughing when I read the "Smack my bitch up" I was trying to picture a newly married couple walking into the reception to that song... Very amusing!! Laughing

Posted: May 13, 2006 7:28 AM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

Ha, this was the one song i knew I wanted since the beginning... we're walking into Jesse's Girl by Rich Springfield... for obvious reasons. Laughing  Now if only I could be so decisive on the first dance song!

Posted: May 15, 2006 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're coming in to Motley Crue's Kickstart My Heart!  FH & I love that song!

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 19, 2006 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're using "Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas BUT I also like "Don't Cha" by the Pussy Cat Dolls for the bouquet toss.  I think that will be too cute!!  Wink

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine