Something to Think About

Online Users: 1,308 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

Sparkles Posts : 257 Registered: 3/30/06
Something to Think About
Posted: May 10, 2006 3:10 PM

These are so funny!  There’s not really a right place to put them on here, but I wanted to put them somewhere.  I hope these give you something to ponder!  I got some of them from http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/003169.html, and some of them are ones that I came up with.  I know that there are tons of these out there.  Does anybody have any to add?

¨      Why is it that every time you find something you love on the clearance rack, it actually doesn’t belong on the clearance rack?

¨      Why is it that you have to get up early on mornings when you’re still tired, but on the days you can sleep in, you’re up with the chickens?

¨      Is it a good thing if a vacuum sucks?

¨      Why is the third hand on clocks called a second hand?

¨      Why are they called stands when they’re made for sitting?

¨      Why isn’t it called “after light” instead of “after dark?”

¨      Why isn’t the word “phonics” spelled the way it sounds?

¨      Why is “bra” singular and “panties” plural?

¨      Why do you press harder on the remote control when you know the batteries are dead?

¨      Why do you speak louder to somebody who does not speak your native language, anyway?

¨      Why do we wash bath towels?  Aren’t we clean when we use them?

¨      When you send something by boat, it’s cargo.  If you deliver it by car, it’s a shipment.

¨      Why are there Braille bumps on keypads of drive-up ATM machines?

¨      Why do I click “start” to turn off the computer?

¨      Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?

¨      When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their picket signs?

¨      Why do they report power outages on TV?

¨      What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?

¨      Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

¨      Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?

¨      Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

¨      If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

¨      When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

Re: Something to Think About
Posted: May 10, 2006 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: Sparkles

Sparkles that is so silly! That made my day! I needed to smile.

Posted: May 10, 2006 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i have one that is ususally included on the list with the "why isnt a fly called a walk" one:

if a person with multiple personalities threatens to commit suicide is it considered a hostage situation?

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 11, 2006 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have two that I just thought of, it immediately popped in my head when I was reading these.. Not sure if it exactly fits, but anyway here it is..

Why is it when we taste something disgusting we always look to our friends and go," Here taste this it's grosse" and they do? 

Why is it when we smell something grosse, and we look to our friends and go," Smell this it's nasty" and they do?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine