update on me!

Online Users: 1,232 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
update on me!
Posted: May 9, 2006 1:59 PM

Oh you guys have always been so supportive and I really appreciate it. I thought some of you would be interested in whats been going on since the break-up.

If anyone thought we might get back together they were sadly mistaken. He is already engaged again. I am not confident that this will last for him, but it really shows how he is. He has tried to break into my house, calls and harrasses me and took personal property that he refuses to return when he moved out. A very ugly situation.

I have the house fully in my name now and have found a male roommate that is my great friend but someone that I could never be in a relationship with so it works out great. He takes care of "manly" things around the house and I really appreciate it and the extra money from his rent.

I have been going out with friends and enjoying it like crazy. I never had close girlfriends becaus I spent so much time with him and now I am loving it. We talk and walk together almost every night, we go out and we just spend tons of time together.

I will not enter into a serious relationship any time soon but do think that "duty dating" is a good way for me go. Not that I am desperate but I will give just about any guy a chance. You never know if you will click. I had a "date" the other night and it was ok. I am not upset that I don't like him more but I liked being able to think about it and make a choice regarding if I want to see him again. Its nice to make up my own mind and be my own person.

I love myself and have so much more self-confidence then before. I am really proud of the strong woman I am and how I am handling everything.

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: update on me!
Posted: May 9, 2006 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

Wow, sounds like a raw situation.  Good luck with the dating, and congrats on the friends!

Posted: May 9, 2006 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: totobride

I am sooo happy for you.  Keep it up.  

Posted: May 9, 2006 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: totobride

KatieMae, I am so happy to get such a great update on you.  If you'll recall, you're doing all the things I knew you would and could do and learning what KatieMae ONLY likes.  Good for you!  You are going to look back one day and say "Thank God" for sure because nothing but good will come of this situation for you!  Keep up the fun, self discovering and self sufficient lifestyle girlfriend!

Posted: May 9, 2006 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Katie! I jsut found out what happend today and i was shocked! I went back and found an old post and read it all! I am so glad that you did in fact end it and are doing good.I am just sorry that Rob is being a Jerk about it still particularly if he is with this other girl! But i have to Ask, do you think that he gave her your old ring? if so that is horrible. The girl sounds like a... well i'll leave that to everyone's imagination.  I am glad that you are testing the waters but not trying to get serious...i think your one smart cookie girl! Also I'm glad that you get to keep House to PM me some time, I'd love to hear more on how your doing.

Posted: May 9, 2006 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well!!!

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well.  No breakup is fun.  But I'm glad to hear that you're handling everything well, and that things are going well for you now.  Keep having fun, and good luck in the future. 

Posted: May 10, 2006 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

Good for you sweetheart!  Never wait for a man to buy you flowers or diamonds!  I buy myself flowers every week -- not engaged -- just stuck around LOTS of weddings.  And out of curiosity -- is he engaged to the woman w the baby???

Move forward beautiful girl!

bjb

Posted: May 10, 2006 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Katiemae!!  Glad to hear you are doing so well....good for you for giving him the boot and he deserves whatever poo gets thrown his way!  Your such a sweetie and now you can enjoy your time with  your girlfriends and let the man that deserves you....find you!!!:)  Good Luck in the future honey!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine