Hello 07/07/07 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24
Re: Hello 07/07/07 Brides
Posted: Apr 24, 2006 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm another Michigan 7/7/07 bride! Sooo excited... July is my favorite month!! (Also my bday month). We're having an indoor wedding (chuch) and indoor reception (my country club). We're going to have an outdoor terrace though so people can go outside and enjoy the weather (hopefully...).

Budget- 25,000-30,000
People- 200
Food- Surf and Turf, open bar

I just can't BELIEVE how expensive everything is!! Pictures... flowers... dress.... ugh. I would LOVE to spend less.

Nice to hear how much everyone else is planning! People (vendors) are always surprised that I'm planning this far ahead. I was dress shopping last weekend, and met a bride who was getting married in July of this year! Now that's a little too last minute for me. I can't wait to do everything! Plus it's nice to spread the payout of money over a whole year and a half. It makes it more manageable.

Has anyone decided on colors? I'm thinking of shades of blue with silver and a little bit of green.

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 12:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

for colors we are doing pink, white, and light blue (think muted red white and blue  -goes with the fireworks!) and then an accent of yellow because my favorite cut flowers are yellow roses (reg. I LOVE orchids- can't grow them but do love them. Of course I love my English tea roses also- I am fifth generation with them and up until moving them to future IL's they were thriving ... don't ask! I am trying to find them a safe location to move them to until we get a house!)

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

MI07Bride, that sounds like a great idea for the flowers!

Your FMIL sounds just like my mother! My mom told me over one of our many conversations about the wedding a few months ago (she has back off a bit, but then thats because my fathers mother has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately to get blood transfusions) So what my mom told me was that "ever thing that i dream for your wedding is not happening the way I planned it." And what i told my mom was, "of course not" because as i told her, her dreams are not my dreams, and my mom seemed a little sad to hear it, but it is the truth.

=) Is your BM boyfriend going to pop the question soon? So exciting seeing other people getting asked, or knowing their partner is going to ask soon and the other is all in the clouds about it.

July07Bride, Welcome to this thread! It is nice planning early to spread the money out, other wise we would feel VERY poor at the end of it all. =D And getting the dress this late in the game (for that bride that you ran into that is getting married this summer) that would be to stressfull for me to leave the dress for almost last thing to buy.

We are going with a Deep red wine kinda color with a nice cream color (don't have the color pinpointed yet), and i thought maybe a splash of sliver would look nice. (have the silver in the flowers of something like that)

~

Our Goal: $5,000 at most...under if we can help it...oh man girls pray for me, thats not much money. We are not poor, but we will feel like it soon, we are going to be buying a house together this summer, and want to put as much down on the home. Plus why feel like you need to go into dedt (we have not yet talked to either parents about if they want to pay anything yet, cause we don't want them to say that in order for them to give them a cent we have to do things their way for the wedding.) So we are going to wait till we know what we want and say to the parents, "this is happening here, and we are going this there, would you like to help out?" 

We had a friend that just got married about a month ago and they only spent about $2,000 on their wedding, she is my role modle!

MI07Bride, i like your idea of the single stem roses being the momorials, i was thinking of candles. My FH has no grandparents left, so i thought one candle for each set, and one of my grandfathers who has passed on, so i though after the wedding i would then give the candles of my FH grandparents to my F-in-laws, and then the candle of my grandpa to my grandma, but if she passes before we get married, i'll give it to my parents (hope she will be able to see me married, i'm her first grandchild to get married.)

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

RenaissanceBride, yes BM's BF is popping the question this summer. I am super-excited for her - though she doesn't know! I have seen the ring he has bought and everything!

As our windows we are actually doing a combo of memorial things- I bought battery operated silver plate candles and they will go at the back of the windowsill in the center, in front of that or off to one side is going to be a small 3x5 or 5x7 picture of the person(s) being memorialized, and then have the rose in front of that. --- there are 3 windows so I think one is going to be FH's maternal grandparents, one my paternal grandfather, one my maternal grandfather.

the vase of flowers on the piano is a memorial to my dad (he is in a irriversable vegatative state at this point) and I want to a small photo of him on the piano in front of the vase with his guitar next to the piano.

All of them will be listed in the program too.

I have thought about ordering the roses with names written on them or verse written on them to put in the window, but at this point I don't know that I want to do that.

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey ladies we are doing outdoors for both. We are going to pay the deposit on our site in two weeks when they start taking dates for next July. We are having it in a local park, site is gorgous has a huge meadow full of wild flowers so I don't have to decorate the ceremony site at all.

Food: is going to a good ole BBQ. Complete with hotdogs,metts,bratts,hamburgers.ribs.chicken, greens, mac&cheese, corn on the cob, baked beans, cole slaw, pasta salad, chips, and corn bread. Oh yeah and no alcohol just tea, lemonade, soda, and water. ( sparkling cider for the toasts)

Cake: We are doing cupcakes ( lots of little ones at our wedding) plus a small cake for us to cut

We are doing a lot of poem readings and a twist on the sand art thing ( will be done by FH and my oldest son).

We have budeted about 6000 for eveything cause most of the stuff we are doing DIY. ( we are making the food, cakes, little bro is helping with the music, aunt is making my dress, mom is doing flowers {if she stops acting like a brat}, and FH's father is officating for us.

We have about 200 guests so far but have to fine tune the guest list some more so it wont even be that many.

Colors: We have picked a periwinkle blue with lavender and peach accents ( in the flowers and decorations).

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

it appears that i too am a 7-7-07 bride lol.  i didnt know that so many of us existed!  i'm from SE Iowa and will be married in my Burlington church.

sheron Posts : 4 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

hello community brides to be! i will be a 7/8/08 bride. i have chosen fan programs to keep the guest cool and it looks better than someone using their hands to keep cool. Therefore you have your printed programs and a fan at hand

Message was edited by sharon on Apr 28, 2006 10:32 AM

Posted: May 8, 2006 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fiance and I have picked the year and the month but are still not locked into a which Saturday. I got excited when I saw 07/07/07...I mean, what could be luckier? But as we started thinking about it, we were a little nervous having the wedding so close to the Fourth of July. We were worried the wedding would conflict with guests' holiday plans. The Fourth of July is on a Wednesday...but we figured most celebrations would be taking place that Saturday. We are very close to reserving the reception hall and the pastor...and will probably have both booked within the next week. Do you think having it so close to the Fourth of July will be a conflict with guests? And does having the wedding so close to the holiday lock you into a red, white and blue, starred and striped theme? I like the idea of fireworks or sparklers at the reception...but I'm not ready to dedicate the whole wedding to the holiday! :P Advice needed. Thanks!

Posted: May 8, 2006 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and myself were origanly going to get married in september....but when we found out that i would be in school we changed it to 07/07/07...we had an idea of our colors already, so the red/white/blue coors never came to play in the color theme. Do you guys have any fav colors that are not r/w/b? 

~

There is always going to be a conflict with some people, but i think the 7th is a good date because the people have all of wed-thur-and fri to have fun with the holiday! And a thought to remember, if people really want to go to your wedding, they have over a year to make things work for that one day. Good luck planning!

Posted: May 8, 2006 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am getting married on 07/07/07 in San Antonio!  We have been engaged for 2 years already, and I noticed that date was on a SAt. last year.  We just recently were able to make a trip down to TX (we are moving there soon) and look at weding stuff.  We went to an expo, and some of the vendors were asking me what my date was....when I told them I wanted 7/7/7, they were like, "Oh yeah, I had some other brides asking about that date earlier" AHH! So then I started to sweat!  Luckily, the next day, we found the perfect ceremony and reception sites, and booked them fast!  Now I am just worried about all the good photographers being snatched up...:P

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine