NWR...but I need to vent!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1
NWR...but I need to vent!
Posted: May 3, 2006 12:11 AM

Alright, I know that this doesn't matter much to anyone else, but I really need to rant somewhere so I thought I'd put it here. A group of sociology majors (myself included) were asked to attend a departmental review meeting and give opinions about the dept. I was one of the few students in attendance who had anything critical to say of the dept. I was very honest. I complained that the courses (especially upper level) were "dumbed down"...that classes would start out with a rigorous schedule and by the end it was so watered down that we were turning in our class notes for an entire letter grade raise on our final grade. I complained that an athletic advisor had told me that they put the smart ones in business and the dumb ones in sociology. I complained that I was in a group and a SENIOR in sociology sent me a plagairised (and not even plagiarised well) section of a paper and was surprised when I refused to add it. I had good things to say. I told them we have brilliant professors who truly care, and that I don't blame them. I told them that as I am a triple major my sociology courses were comparatively easier to any other dept, to a fault.

Well...now one of the a$$-kissers who was there to only talk up the dept is actively spreading rumors to students and teachers alike that I LIED about getting bonus points for my notes and I was out to get revenge on certain teachers (I love all my teachers and have straight A's...who am I out to get???), etc, etc...she even asked another student for her name and my name so she could say these things with a name rather than a description. I sent my teacher a long letter and I'm half tempted to email the whole dept a tirade and go out with a bang! The thing is I don't care who knows what I said...I will tell anyone and everyone exactly what I think, it is not a secret. What I have a problem with is her telling lies about me!! I don't even know her name!! I know what she looks like, but I can't even email her a rant!!!

Re: NWR...but I need to vent!
Posted: May 3, 2006 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm sorry that happened to you, but kudos for being honest.  Grade inflation happens all over the place now, and it sucks for those of us who want to learn.  If universities don't fail students out, they get more tuition money, right?  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine