The Whole Story

Online Users: 1,262 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25
Re: The Whole Story
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know this hurts a lot right now, but it will get better!  I hope you take good care of yourself.  Learn from this experience and it will help you make better choices and see people for who they are in the future.  Most of us have been in a relationship with someone who wasn't good for us...I sure was and I'm so much happier now.  I wish you all the best.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Katie, wow that's awful and you must be very hurt right now, but in the end it sounds like you escaped a bad relationship just in the nick of time.  While it hurts now, you don't need to be married to a jerk like that.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im so sorry sweetheart. You dont deserve to be treated this way and he doesnt deserve you. I know its hard but you will be ok. Take some time for yourself, hang out with the girls. You WILL find someone that will treat you like you should be treated, someone that wants to be with you for the rest of your life and who would never do anything to hurt you. There are plenty of good men out there, and you will find one. Good luck, again Im sorry.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Katie, sweetie, I am SO sorry that you were put through all of this. But, hopefully you should know that you deserve far better than someone who would do these sort of things behind your back. I hope you have all the love and support around you that you need right now (I know you've got it here even though visiting here may be painful for at times)!

As for that other girl, she can be excited all she wants b/c what she's "getting" is a man who obviously has a VERY skewed sense of right/wrong, no respect for women or any sort of real commitment, and will probably lead her down the same path if allowed. He may get MARGINAL praise for speaking up before he went through with it, but that's about it, since he was too much of a coward to fess up to why he couldn't go through with it. (Personally, I don't think a slug has enough slime to equal this guy, but that's not my place... grrrr, anyway.)

Lots of hugs to you, and here's hoping that some day when you find the guy who deserves you, you'll have an equally supportive batch of brides here to help you along the way.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh Sweetie........I'm so sorry that all this happen and right before the wedding.  It is better though that it all came out now and you will be able to move on and find your true love.  I wish you all the best!!  Take care of yourself and know he didn't deserve you!!

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

OMG Katie, I have been reading and trying to sign in forever!!  I am sooooo sorry this is happening to you, you are such a sweet and thoughtful person.  He obviously doesn't deserve you bc he can't see how special you are!  I hope everything in the future works out for you and good luck, it will be a rough and bumpy road in the future but you are a strong woman and can handle it!  ***XOXOXOX***

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

OMG!!!  I did not see that one coming!  I am in absolute shock!  GO GET YOUR RING BACK!!!  It is his fault that this relationship dissolved and does not deserve to have the ring back IMHO.  I think you should get it back as well as the wedding band and pawn them.  What scumbag!  I know it doesn't help, but you deserve WAY better!  You're in my thoughts.  You will get through this and be all the stronger.  Good luck to you!

Christmasbride06 Posts : 81 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I can't imagine what you're going through, so I won't try to pretend I do. I am so sorry for what you've been put through...no woman should ever go through that! I hope you realize how much better off you are without him. I know it's hard to see now, but you really are! You deserve SOOOO much better than the way you've been treated. Be glad you found out the kind of person he is now and not a year down the road! Try not to think of it as the end...think of it as the beginning...a way to start all over. You'll find a man who sees how special you are and will love you with all of his heart! God bless you...be strong and know something good will come of this, because everything DOES happen for a reason! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lauren

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Katie I am so sorry sweety. Somewhere out there is the man for you and you will find him. Cut any and all ties you have to him and take some time for yourself.
Not trying to make little but smile baby we all had to kiss a few taods to find prince charming. Things will get better, they all ready have you are rid of him.

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 1:45 AM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

Wow.  I rescind my comment about how counseling might help.  Now that I know the whole story, I realize it's much more involved than I realized. 

I'm so sorry for you!  I can't imagine how hard this must be.  I just want you to know that I'm think about you and praying for you and that you deserve sooo much better than him!  One day, you'll find the guy who truly deserves you.  Good luck with everything!

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

Wow, I know you are hurting now but I think you know you did the right thing.  When you meet the "one" you will look back and be thankful you were so smart now.  good luck and ***HUGS***

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine