For Fun: Your story!

Online Users: 1,324 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25
Re: For Fun: Your story!
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We have been together 5 years in May and we are getting married 10/7/06..
Doug and I met at a softball game on May 8, 2001. A friend of mine from work, was on Doug's softball team. I was new to the area so my friend invited me out to a game thinking this was a good place to meet people. Doug & I were quickly introduced to each other at the softball park. We really didn't get to know each at the park, instead everyone met up at a local pub after the game, and that is where we struck up a conversation. Doug asked me out on a date. I accepted and the rest is history........

Who's next???

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This post didn't really fall all that far down the list, but I love reading these, so I thought I'd bump it up a bit!  Anyone else care to share their story?!

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 12:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jeremy and I met in Tennessee, while in a month long school for the military, after the school was over I asked him when will we see each other again and he said who knows 6 days 6weeks, 6 months, 6 years, all I know right now is party's over, pay your tab and go home(me to NY him to NV).  Which sent me into tears in like 3 seconds.  So a few months go by, e-mailing everyday, phone calls a couple times a day, then one day out of the blue, I get home from work and he calls me and asks, If I was busy tomorrow, I said no, I had the next 3 days off, he said good Pick me up at the airport I am taking the redeye into NY.  Next morning he was there 6 FREAKING MONTHS FROM WHEN HE LEFT TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!  and we picked up right off where we left off, about a month later he flew me out to Vegas for a week and while we were sitting in the airport for me to fly back to NY, we had made plans for me to move in with him here in Vegas, 4 years later and here we are!!!

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 8:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok, so I'm already married, but can I still play? I met Rob over 3 years ago at a friend's birthday party when we were all in college in Asheville. Apparently we had many close mutual friends, but had never met. I had heard my friends talk about this mysterious 'hot Rob', but didn't know him until that night. Anyway we noticed each other, but that was it. A few weeks later I was out on the town with a girlfriend, and we ran into him and 2 of my other friends Ben and Mike at a bar downtown. We started talking, but my friend wanted to go to another bar that had 80's night. So I asked him to come along, he said maybe, and I left.

My friend and I were dancing all silly 80's style when he showed up at the bar over an hour later, and we spent the rest of the night dancing to silly 80's music and drinking PBR. We went outside for some air, and he kissed me! I was flattered, and surprised, when he kept asking me out on dates, and I liked him a lot, but it was almost the end of the semester and I was going to Alaska for the summer to work for the parks service. I left him, and really missed him, but when he flew up to Alaska to visit me, I knew it was love.

He moved to Tallahassee for graduate school at Florida State, and I followed the next year. We got married last summer, and the rest is history!

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love reading these! I met my FH through Dallas Stars message board in 2003. He wrote something really funny about my favorite player and I posted a comment. After that, we started to talk more online and six weeks later, we actually met. He had made homemade pizza for me for the date and we have been together ever since. We have gone through a lot, including being 6000 miles apart last year when I had to go home to Finland for 11 months, but survived and are still so much in love. I never thought that my favorite sport of hockey could bring me so much happiness, but I am glad it did. We're planning a July '07 wedding naturally with a hockey theme!

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Rob and I went on a Spring Break mission trip to Mississippi in 2001. We didn't know each other or anything. He ended up sitting next to me at church and the dork forgot his Bible so he asked to share mine. Then we got into our seperate vans and drove off to lunch. I went with all the adults to a seafood place while most of the other students went to typical fast food. I was sitting by myself in a booth when Rob slid across from me, he LOVES seafood too! During the week he switched work crews so we could roof houses together, switched vans so we could ride together, switched free time activities so we could be together etc. I was flattered but thought he was coming on a little strong.

Well we got back home and he ended up dating a different girl from the trip. I was really hurt by that! But they broke up. We both got invited to a friend from the trip's party and he didn't know how to get there so he offered to pick me up and take me. So ok. That was the start of us dating.

He proposed on Christmas day 2003 and we are getting married on April 22, 2006 (just a few days!!!!!!!!)

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

Cupcake616 we have such similar stories...

We met in middle school. He asked me out right before summer break June, 97). We dated all through high school and became best friends. He finally proposed this yr on New Years weekend. We are getting married June 16, 07. One week after our 10yr 'dating' anniversary.

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I met in high school when he couldn't pass his math class. I went to his house to help him out and we eventually ended up spending more and more time together. We knew from the first few months we were going to get married. We're going on 3 years of dating right now, and 5 years of being friends.

Posted: Apr 6, 2006 12:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I have been friends since we were little ( Him 9, Me 8). We really started dating seriously during high school. Then the " unthinkable" happened, I got pregnant. Pretty bad right. Whese kinda relationships never work, well we've proved a lot, and I mean a lot of people wrong. We both finished high school( in the top of our grad. classes mind you.), both finished college, and both have great jobs. Here we are 11 years later, our son just turned nine, and he will be doing the honors of walking his mom down the aisle. So, let's just say we're pretty proud of ourselves and so are our families.

Posted: Apr 6, 2006 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Your stories are soooo cute

FH and I met 3 years ago when we were working together at the same place, but different departments.  He is a pharmacist and I was a beauty advisor.  At the time, we both had "other friends".  I moved to another city with my boyfriend and didn't see much of FH.  Once in a while I would visit old coworkers when I was back and town and would sometimes see my FH.  When he asked me how I was doing and I said that I got "dumped", he said "What is that guy STUPID?  I would do anything for a girlfriend like you!" (Sweety!) I thought...yeah whatever...smmoooothy. 

I got very bored with my life and decided to move to China...and I was going to leave in 2 weeks.  (I'm very -if I'm going to do it, I am going to do it NOW!) 

My mother went in to get her perscriptions from FH and he asked how I was doing.  She told FH I was heading to China and he passed on his number for me to give him a call. 

To make a long story short, we fell hard for eachother.  I left for China.

He couldn't handle it anymore, he was going to visit me near the end of my contract, but couldn't wait that long. 

He left his house, his car, his job and his cat to be with me in China.  Rather then asking me to come home, he dropped his WHOLE life to be with me. 

We traveled more of Asia together and spent 2 months on an island in Thailand where we got engaged on Jan. 1, 2006.  It was perfect, and SUCH a surprise!

Now after a year of being in Asia, I am back home.  A new woman and a fiancee!  He's AMAZING! 

spring07bride Posts : 363 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2006 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Couldn't resist sharing with you guys!

Aaron and I went to the same small school in the same small town in the same small graduating class.  As odd as it sounds we never talked!  After graduation I went on to college, as did he, and he later became friends with my older brother.  They ended up playing in a band together (Aaron plays drums) and I would go watch them play and hang out with all our mutual friends.  We would talk/flirt on and off, but we both always seemed to be in a relationship.  December of 2003 he asked me out to dinner and we had the best time!  BUT the timing still wasn't right.  The year passed and we couldn't stop thinking about each other.  So one night in January 2005, he was at a bar with my brother and I joined them...before we left that night we had a date all lined up!  We've been completely inseperable since and became engaged in November 2005, only 9 months after seeing each other...when you know YOU KNOW!  We're getting married April 28, 2007 and it couldn't come fast enough, I'm so excited to marry my best friend. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine