Weight Loss Buddies - Chapter Three!!!!

Online Users: 1,254 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 163
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Happy Birthday lady megs!

I had the stomach flu Friday and haven't felt like eating much since then except for small amounts of cookies or crackers, so I have no idea what the scale will say at Weight Watchers.

Welcome new ladies!

nynje

Posted: Mar 8, 2006 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yuck. I hope you feel better soon Jenny.

Thanks for the encouragement WTW. I've got my dance class tonight and should be back on the horse in no time. In other news, my boots that I bought because they were the only ones that were big enough around the calves for my legs keep falling down because they are loose. If that isn't a good sign, I don't know what is. It's just a pity, because those were expensive boots. Smile

Posted: Mar 8, 2006 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know I haven't updated, I'm still too bummed out about my back injury. Frown

And FH is the worst. He constantly is like 'What do you want for _ meal, do you want something to eat, etc..' The other day, he wakes up and goes "want a bagel?!" and then happens to get lost and ends up at our favorite restaurant!!! ARGH!

But I'm hovering at 130, thank goodness. I'm trying to be good with the lack of exercise. 5 pounds to go!!!

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks, lady megs! I feel a lot better. Hope you had fun dancing.

May bride, you're doing so well. Only 5 more pounds to go? That's awesome!!

nynje/Jenny

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats, MayBride - how did you do it? That is fantastic! Keep up the great work - it'll be allll worth itSmile

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by nynje:
Hope you had fun dancing.

Hah. Funny that you say that. I sprained my ankle trying to do an axle full-out for the first time since appx. high school (heck, even reinjured the same ankle I broke senior year). Eek

I got to take a sick day from work today because even though my job really only involves sitting, I don't think I could walk from my spot in the parking garage to my desk (like two blocks 'cause that's how it works when you are downtown). I will sit on the couch with you and we will moan about our grave injuries, may bride.

I've got an appointment to see an orthopedist tomorrow morning, so I hope that all will be well and I will be hobbling with more finesse soon (if you can hobble, you can do arm and back exercises a the gym, right?). Smile

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh, no! That's awful!

nynje

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, just checking in ladies for the first time in a few weeks.

First off, CONGRATS everyone! Ya'll are doing so great, keep it up! Spring has sprung - another new beginning.

As for me, I am finally mobile again after yet another ankle surgery (hopefully this will finally end...), and I stepped on the scale yesterday for the first time in over 3 weeks - 132, just about the same. I'm quite pleased considering I've done absolutely nothing but crutch to the bed to the chair and back.

Have a doctor's appointment next week, so we'll see how my bones are healing and we may have to kick it up a notch!

Good Luck at the doctor Meg, I know (oh so well) how bad ankle injuries can be, please keep us posted.

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, I have the exact same injury as I did five years ago. I tore up all my tendons and had a piece of bone go with them. I'm in a walking cast for three weeks and I have a followup appt. in a month.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me any good ways to exercise without messing with my ankle? Smile

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

lady_megs:
i say use this time to work those arms! you can easily grab a weight as you elevate your foot. a great one is holding a dumbell with both hands straight above your head. bend your elbows 90deg and back up straight keeping tight. it's a great workout for the flabby arm area and you can do it sitting down!!

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by lady_megs:
Well, I have the exact same injury as I did five years ago. I tore up all my tendons and had a piece of bone go with them. I'm in a walking cast for three weeks and I have a followup appt. in a month.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me any good ways to exercise without messing with my ankle? Smile

While I was in my walking cast I did a lot of ab and arm work and started pilates. Also when you lie in bed you can do straight leg raises and knee bends with your casted leg. Just be gentle, but it does help maintain "some" muscle tone. Wiggling your toes helps too.

PS: Chopsticks can help the itchies... Roll Eyes

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Big Grin Hello everyone!!!! I am thrilled to know there are other people out there that feel like me and are supportive. I would like to join in on the fun and start getting back in shape...I was a professional dancer (no not the pole kind...no offense to those who are) for most of my life and when I moved to a new city I had to no company to join and end up having to get a "real" job to pay the bill...I have been slowly and steadily gaining weight ever since and I am at a really low point! I am ready to get back into shape and start feeling good about myself...can someone explain to me how the check ins for this board work? Thank all of you ladies for giving the motivation that I needed!!! Razz Live and love freely...life is too short!

Posted: Mar 19, 2006 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey, all my beautiful, motivated ladies!!! I'm back from Spring Break, so it's back on the wagon! 4 of the girls from the opera (including me) are using the now-vacant class-time to work out, so I'll be getting an hour's workout 3x/week! Woohoo!!! Welcome to our new ladies, and head's up to all... we're getting buried more often again, probably due to the length, so I think it's time for chapter four! Does anybody know when the grand switchover to combined message boards is taking place? If it's soon... or has already happened Razz ... we'll do chapter four there!

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello, ladies! Buried again, I see... I guess that's my cue to start chapter four! See y'all there!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine