Weight loss revelation...treating the cause instead of the symptom

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
Weight loss revelation...treating the cause instead of the symptom
Posted: Feb 21, 2005 9:16 AM

I came upon a revelation the other day while I was reading a book. This book had nothing to do with weight loss, but it had a little reminder in there. You see, I am a Christian, and the Bible says that gluttony (over-eating) is a sin. I have known that for a long time, but kinda just ignored it. I am not actually over-weight, but I know that I could easily be at a healthier weight, and I also know that my eating habits are neither healthy or good. I do believe it is called a food addiction. But just the other day I realized that I was being a glutton. That changed my tune right away. Immediately I started eating properly. You see now, my motivation is to please God, and not to sin over and over again by over-eating. Instead of my previous motivation which was to lose weight. That only lasted as long as it took my arm to reach for that cookie or chocolate, or really yummy left-overs. It has completely changed my mindset, and within a very short period of time, I have already dropped 5 pounds, pounds which I have been fighting to drop for years, but never seemed to be able to. To me, this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. And when you don't feed your addiction, you break it off.
I hope this could be helpful to someone. I just know that many people are struggling in this area, and I'm saying the cure that I know. Wink

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine