Tiffany Blue and Brown Wedding Colors

Online Users: 1,337 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 28
Tiffany Blue and Brown Wedding Colors
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:36 PM

My wedding colors are tiffany blue and brown.  I'm trying to figure out how to use these colors as bridesmaides dresses.  Has anyone used these colors in your wedding?  How did you coordinate it?

Message was edited by laughsalot on May 9, 2007 5:37 PM

Re: Tiffany Blue and Brown Wedding Colors
Posted: May 9, 2007 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here are some general photos of Brown and Tiffany Blue working together.

invite

invite

cake

flowers

blue dress

brown dress

dresses

You could put your ladies in solid colored dresses and alternate, or you could put them all in the same color and add a sash in the other color.

table

brides dress

HOW COOL!

These are from J. Crew.

shoes

If you're guys wear brown tuxes....

Guys

Another bridesmaid's dress from Watters

dress

cake

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 9, 2007 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Most of the manufacturers are making both of these colors, and many have sashes in the opposite color. Or, you can use dresses in one color and flowers in the opposite (hydrangeas are mainstays for blue flowers; brown orchids, chocolate cosmos and items like berries and fiddlehead ferns add brown). Or you can add ribbon wraps to bouquets so they color coordinate. I have several pictures, if you'd like. Just contact me through my website and I'll send them right out.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 8:34 AM Go to message in response to: myra

I am doing both tiffany blue and brown colors as well. I realize this post is a little old, but I was wondering if you have any more pictures that you could post or send for me. Our wedding date is set for June 29'th 2008. I have a few pictures in my albums of blue and brown together, but not much. Anything would be helpful.

THANKS!

"The King is WILD for you" - Psalm 45:11

Aeroshortee Posts : 2 Registered: 2/12/08
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi ... i am having the pool blue and chocolate brown wedding theme and my guys are wearing chocolate tuxes with the pool blue vests and ties  my hubbie is wearing a white tux with the pool blue vest and tie and im wearing a white dress and my bridesmaids are wearing pool blue dresses  .. my personal assistant is wearing a brown dress.. the tables are going to have brown table clothes and blue gem stones * im not sure what the center pieces are yet so if you have any ideas please let me know!! i am going to have a chocolate fondu fountain with ordeves around to dip in with maybe a champaine foutain with blue champaine i am getting pool blue and brown personalized mms for the favors  im not sure on the flower arrangements yea so if you have any ideas pleas let me know!!!!

ftrmrsrussell Posts : 25 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: Aeroshortee

hi, my colors are aqua and brown as well. I'm not getting married until April 25, 2009 but here is what I have so far....maybe it will help or give you some ideas

This is the dress my bridesmaids will be wearing: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6508/#LineList=3&catid=1&displaytype=GridMedium&activePage=3&rpp=9&SortOrder=BridesmaidLineDefault

It doesn't come with a shawl, so I think I'm going to make them one in alternating colors (i.e. 2 will have blue with brown trim and 2 will have brown with blue trim) and they can wear them however they want.

As for the flowers, my mom is doing all of them so I'm not exactly sure what she's planning to do, but I trust her so I'm not to worried.

As for the centerpieces, I think I want to do more candles than flowers.  One of my ideas is to do a tall, cylinder base with white and brown glass at the bottom with a tall, blue candle. That would then be surrounded by blue petals and smaller candles (probably in white).

We should definitely try to keep this thread going...

KimandTony09 Posts : 60 Registered: 1/2/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: ftrmrsrussell

hey ladies i know i'm really behind but we where thinking about doing these colors for are wedding do u think they would be ok though for an outside wedding in aug??

bride to be ~~   Kimberly

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: KimandTony09

Hi ladies!  My colors are supposed to be teal and chocolate, but the industry teal seems to be alot darker than I had planned, so most of our stuff turned out to actually be aqua or pool.  Anyway, heres some things we are doing...

Weddingpartyinpoolandchocolate.jpg picture by JAllen32

MMeanttobe.jpg picture by JAllen32

Oops, gotta go, I guess thats the only pics I have anyway! lol  Seemed like I had a lot more to tell you!  Good Luck!!

http://www.mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm using the pool blue or tiffany blue (whichever you prefer to call it.) I need to find ribbon and I can't find it anywhere! Michael's didn't have it. Any ideas?

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a tiffany blue bride as well.  For dresses, Mori Lee has some great choices and the color is actually called Tiffany Blue.  I chose my dresses with white sashes, but you can also get brown as a sash or vice versa (brown dress with tiffany blue sash).

For Tiffany blue ribbon, try Sopie's Favors online.  I ordered some stuff from them in the color and it is as close to a perfect match as you can get!

ItsMyBigDay Posts : 1 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you have any actual pictures of the Mori Lee dress in Tiffany Blue?  I am looking at these dresses, but can't get a good idea on the online pictures.

msfelton9800 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/11/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: JAllen

JAllen, where did you get the candy with your names on them? Are they M&M's

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: msfelton9800

I am having a robin egg blue and chocolate brown wedding on June 21, 2008.  I'm selling all of my table toppers and some centerpieces and things.  If anyone is interested, email me at stardust_724@hotmail.com and I'll send you pics!

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

These are my colors as well. The girls got a tiffany blue dress and they are wearing chocolate brown heels. It looks quite nice actually. The boys are in chocolate brown suits with blue ties.

These are our invitations

This is our cake

And we'll be doing these colors with the tables as well. We have brown toppers with cream floor length table cloths and blue napkins. 

Shediva1975 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/22/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: ftrmrsrussell

I just wanted to say hello because we share the same wedding day and the same colors. I hope you are having just as much fun as I am getting these wonderful colors together!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine