My Community Profile

Andrea_May2013_Bride
05/04/2013
tennessee-memphis
We're having a long engagement so my parents have time to save money. I told them we didn't have to have a big wedding but my mom insists and will not let anyone help her pay for it. Our day is May 4th 2013... National Star Wars day ;) (May the Fourth be with you). We have no real theme to the wedding. just Traditionally formal. We are however going to pay tribute to John Williams' Original score for Star Wars with our music selections. We don't want anything too obviously "Star Wars" but we do want our nerdy friends to recognize it, just not make my mother roll her eys. My dad asked if he could buy a Jedi robe.. I told him no. We're still doing formal tuxes and full length dresses. All important events to the reception will have Star Wars music - our Entrance, the first dance, the cake cutting, maybe the best man's speach, the guarder toss, and our escape. No emperial march and no open credit music. we're going to have a Kids Korner with 3 professional Day Car speciallist to watch this kids while parents drink and have a good time. The kids will be welcome on the dance floor but there will be an activities area where they can keep themselves entertained. and a movie room where they can watch movies or nap or have diaper changing stations. This way paretns dont have to leave early when little johnny gets sleeping. I estimate about 20 or so kids under the age of 10 at our wedding.. maybe more.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine