My Community Profile

longcat
10/13/2012
well, i'm a 2nd-timer. widowed (and i'd rather not talk about it). i don't have a ring yet, but we've talked about it, and it's a definite thing. we've decided on october of 2012 with a tentative date set when the colors in the area will be in full force, and will start getting serious with the planning this october, giving us about a year. we met online, and things rapidly escalated. our relationship is long distance in a way...not cross-country or anything, but 7 hours by car. we get a long weekend together every few weeks. we've only been together since january, but i know what love is, and this is it. when you know...you just know.
since it will be my second wedding but his first, i'm pretty much letting him take the reins for the most part...if there's something in particular he wants to do or a preference he has, we'll do it his way. and he is into this, oddly enough. ;) i know most guys aren't, but he is. low-key, short guest list, outdoors...that's all we've decided so far. this fall we'll start with setting a guest list, and then go from there, since most of the other items depend pretty heavily on how many people will be there. in the meantime, he's saving for a ring he's apparently already picked out.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine