My Community Profile

lissagettingmarried
09/16/2012
georgia-atlanta
New York

Ron proposed to me on Valentine's Day, at the top of the Empire State Building here in the city, as we were looking out over lower Manhattan, with a beautiful ring he'd picked out all by himself!  We're taking it slowly with the wedding planning at the moment, so September 18 is sort of a 'tentative date' right now.

We're both geeks - we love anime/manga and video games (our first dance song will probably be the romantic theme song from a video game we love), cars (we'd rather rent a Porsche than a limousine for wedding transportation) and the like.  So we'll probably have a geeky wedding, too.

Just in the beginning stages - even the date is tentative right now, and liable to be pushed back some.  I just have a few details we've talked about or that I've dreamed up.

I'd like our colors to be light green and pink; part of that is in deference to my sister, my maid of honor, who wants to wear green (her favorite color).  She looks great in green and I like pink and green so there we go!

My cousin will be a bridesmaid and I'd like for his two sisters to round out the female attendants.  His father (a minister) will officiate. I would like both of my parents to walk me down the aisle.

We'll probably get married in Atlanta, which is the city where we met and where our love blossomed, and where our immediate families still live.

Our first dance will probably be "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru, and I'd love for our last dance to be "At Last" by Etta James. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine