My Community Profile

bwdcjk
06/26/2010
iowa-des_moines

Mike & I actually went to high school together, he graduated 2 yrs ahead of me.  Apparently he had a crush on me back then...20+ years ago now...but never asked me out cuz he says "you just didn't date your friend's little sister".  A year ago a mutual friend, who'd found me on Facebook, reintroduced us.  We talked online for a few days then had our 1st phone conversation.  That was followed by many long, late night talks.  We had our 1st date within a couple weeks and have been together ever since.  After two previous failed relationships (one marriage) that gave me (3) great boys, and in a year that I had lost my mother, I was so looking for someone to make me laugh & I found that in Mike.  We definitely are soul mates & I'm looking foward to spending many yrs together laughing & loving.

Just got engaged in January and are planning a June wedding THIS year.  We are having a fairly small wedding where the focus is on casual & fun.  I am wearing an informal, almost beach wedding type, strapless dress and, although Mike will be in a tux, the groomsmen are just in dress pants, vests & ties.  Our colors are navy blue & yellow.  The navy blue bridesmaid dresses will be complimented with bouquets of daisies & yellow roses.  Since my parents are deceased, my teenage sons will be giving me away.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine