My Community Profile

SlvrSpecVgrl
10/13/2012
iowa-des_moines
Altamonte Springs
Hmm lets see where do I start?!?!?!? Well I'm Leslie (and an identical twin) from Orlando, Fl and my fiance is Tim. Oh and were both 25. We actually grew up together. We met each other in the fourth grade and he was my "first boyfriend" oddly enough. Of course we broke up in middle school and remained somewhat friends thru high school but then lost contact with each other after graduation (2003). Tim had been searching for me for some time and he randomly came across an ad I had posted on craigslist in 2008, I was trying to sell a car. He thought the car looked a little familiar and he gave the number a call hoping that it was me and it was :-) We began dating in April 2009 but broke up June '09 and then got back together November '09, after a couple months of "winning me back". After asking my parents permission, he proposed to me in St. Augustine, Fl July 2010.
Since its only been a month since the proposal, I really do not have much planned. We did decide on the date though, May 12, 2012 and because I'm extremely close to my big family, whom all live in Iowa and Illinois with the exception of my parents and two sisters, I do know that the wedding ceremony will be held at St. Francis Xavier Basilica in Dyersville, Ia. This is the same church that my grandparents were married in May 1957 and has a very special meaning to me, especially since both passed away in May 2005. I'm lucky enough to have a fiance that will not only become Catholic but let me have the wedding there since all of his family (whom hes not very close with) lives in Florida and Georgia. Were still trying to decide on where the reception will be held. Since the wedding will be held in Iowa we will be doing a get together in Orlando for the people who could not attend, we plan on having between 60-75 people attending. I do know that I want the wedding to have a modern retro feel, definitely channeling the 1950's.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine