My Community Profile

BlueBoxBlueShoes
After a seven and a half year wait, we are finally engaged! My fiance proposed after a Sunday afternoon to the Saint Louis Art Museum in Forest Park. As we were passing through the Grand Basin with its several water fountains, he pretended to have a piece of sharp gravel under his foot. We stopped and before I knew it, he was bent on one knee and asked me to marry him. I did take pictures, but none of you Internet People will ever see them... I had no idea I could cry from happiness to the point that my face would turn puffy and red! Literally two minutes after my fiance proposed, the sky opened up and it started to pour. We ran into our car and headed to the cutest art deco soda fountain and ice cream parlor in Midtown, The Fountain on Locust. We shared one side of a booth, devoured a Bear Cat and made a dozen phone calls to our family and friends.
We will be doing a very sleek/modern ceremony and reception-- simple black and white decor, with vibrant (almost neon) punches of color.... If my screen name doesn't give it away, I'm searching for the perfect pair of blue shoes to wear under my wedding gown. We don't have a song for our first dance. We enjoy singing "Paradise by the dashboard light" by Meatloaf around the apartment, but that's probably the worst song to play at a wedding ever.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine