My Community Profile

GreenStudent
06/20/2013
oregon-portland
I am currently a student. My wonderful boyfriend and I are privately engaged, but not officially yet. We won't get married for another few years, but planning our wedding in my mind is one of my ways of de-stressing. Plus, I'm getting a head start, right?
We want a less formal wedding, and are so excited to celebrate and share our love and joy with all our friends! We plan on drawing on the talents of our many friends to help out--musicians, photographers, bakers, the list goes on. We hope our friends will enjoy contributing their gifts to the big day.It will be outdoors, probably in one of Portland's many parks, with local wildflowers everywhere. I plan on borrowing tables and chairs, combining them with bright, tuscan colors to give a feel of planned ecclecticism. The basic feel is a natural but colorful vibe, like a farmers market. The ceremony will be in late afternoon, followed by a long party with live music,  good home-cooked food, and good wine going long into the night. The goal is low-budget and low footprint, but still classy in a fun, casual way.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine