My Community Profile

Wompbride
10/15/2011

I am from St. Louis but I currently live in Chicago while my finace is going to law school. We have known each other most of our lives since he went to the same grade school as my cousins and close friends and having gone to the same high school together. After many failed attempts to ask me out, my other boyfriends, his other girlfriends, and 4 years of close friendship, we began dating two weeks into our Freshman year at college.

After moving away from my friends and family to Chicago to be closer to him our already strong relationship just got even stronger and on April Fools Day at 4:45 in the morning he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I know people say all the time that they are marrying their best friend, and I am sure they are, but with my fiance and I, I think it is something different. For how much we love each other, I think we like each other even more.

We are having our wedding on Oct 15th 2011 at the parish Jake went to grade school. We are both Catholic and plan a simple church ceremony. We are both the youngest in our family and we decided to include all of our syblings and syblings-in-law in our wedding party. Coming from very big families, and since both of our parents want to go out with a bang, we are looking at a wedding of about 350 people.

I want the wedding and reception to feel rustic yet chic. Totally laid-back and fun, yet elegant. Plums, oranges, and spiced wine are the colors I want and I hope to have candles, twinkling lights, and paper lanterns everywhere.  

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine