My Community Profile

Bridetobeshanac
08/28/2010
oklahoma-oklahoma_city
Chickasha
07/18/1979
Well I recentlt turned 30. I had pretty much given up on love and getting married. I have a five year old daughter, and I love being her mom. I would go through every day as moms do: go to work, go pick Essence up from school or daycare, dinner, bath, story, and bed.  I really wondered if I would be single forever. Then one day I happened to get on one of those telephone chatlines, just on a whim because I was bored. That was when Roderick messaged me. We talked via chat for a few minutes then we exchanged phone numbers. He called right away! We talked for four and a half hours!! It turned out that we were in the same town, right around the corner from each other, and had never met! We dated for about five months, he met my daughter, and she loved him instantly!  August 28, 2009 he proposed to me. He did not have a ring. Two days later, when I came home from work, he was in the parking lot of our apartment on one knee with a ring!! It was one of the happiest days of my life!!

We just started planning our wedding. Our colors are apple red, ivory, and gold. We will have a moderately big formal wedding. I want the fairytale!!  We still have a lot to do!! I just hope I do not become BridezillA!! LOLSmile 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine